TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
The tariff war among the telecom operators is intensifying with many new plans being introduced every now and then. Lately, the telcos came up with plans for the ongoing IPL 2018 season. Following the same, Airtel has announced a new prepaid plan priced at Rs. 499. This plan will offer 164GB of 4G data for a validity period of 82 days.
Basically, the new Rs. 499 prepaid plan from Airtel will provide 2GB of 4G data per day, unlimited voice calls and 100 SMS per day for a period of 82 days. Notably, Airtel offers unlimited voice calls without any daily or weekly FUP but the SMS benefits are limited to 100 per day.
This plan will compete with the Rs. 498 prepaid plan from Reliance Jio offering 2GB data per day, unlimited voice calls without FUP and 100 SMS per day. However, the notable difference is that the Reliance Jio plan is valid for 91 days.
The new Rs. 499 plan from Airtel is applicable only for select prepaid users as usual. In order to compete with Reliance Jio, Airtel needs to make these unlimited plans available for subscribers in all the circles as Jio's plans are available for all users across India.
Lately, it is clear that Bharti Airtel is facing pressure from Reliance Jio's disruptive tariff plans and schemes. Airtel introduced the IPL 2018 live streaming offer, which provides access to free Hotstar live streaming from Airtel TV app. This plan is definitely useful for those who depend only on Airtel network to watch the IPL 2018 matches. Airtel is also expected to revise a slew of its prepaid plans in the coming days in order to compete with Reliance Jio and other telecom operators. We have come up with a comparison between the various IPL 2018 live streaming telco offers.
In the recent times, Airtel was in the headlines for the launch of the 4G VoLTE services in select circles. The company recently announced a beta program and those who signed up for the same received up to 30GB of free data as a benefit for testing the 4G VoLTE service from the telecom operator.