TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Delhi HC To Hear Plea Seeking Women's Entry In Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah Today
- GST Annual Return Filing Date Extended To March 31, 2019
- Australia vs India Ist Test Day 5: Live Updates
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Inside Pictures: Shahrukh Khan, Priyanka Chopra And Katrina Kaif Clicked At Isha Ambani’s Sangeet
- Grahan Village: A Trek To Unravel Ecstasy
- 6 Ways To Add More Storage Space To Your Macbook
- Disha Patani’s Understated Attire Is Perfect For A Moonlit Wedding
The ongoing battle between Airtel and Jio is not going to end soon as Delhi High Court has recently directed India's largest telecom operator to carry the disclaimer in a larger font size than it has now in its 'live and free' advertisement during IPL coverage.
The plea was filed by Reliance Jio which says that the Airtel advertisement, was deliberately deceptive, misrepresenting and misleading.
According to Jio the advertisement, "falsely proclaim" that Airtel was offering "live and free" access to T20 cricket coverage and also falsely represent that a subscriber need only obtain a 4G sim from the telco.
However, Airtel had agreed earlier to modify its advertisements and commercials.
The court in its order directed India's largest telecom operator that instead of using size 10 pixels font in the disclaimer in print media, a defendant should use size 12 pixels in the print media and that too in a prominent and visible place and not at the bottom.
So far as the video clips/ television advertisement are concerned the disclaimer should start from the words 'Season Pass' in the advertisement and should be displayed in sync with the voiceover.
The disclaimer on billboards and hoardings should be at a prominent place and visible as per Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) guidelines, the court added.
However this is not the first time that Airtel has been asked to make changes in its advertisements, to recall, ASCI had also asked Airtel to "modify or "Withdraw" the ad which claims to be "officially the fastest network".
The advertising industry watchdog said the complaint against Airtel was considered by the Fast Track Complaints Committee at a meeting held on March 29.
Adding that, "We have advised the advertiser to modify appropriately or to withdraw the said TVC (television commercial) and the website advertisement by April 11, 2017."
Airtel also issued a statement in which the company says that "We do not agree with ASCI's decision and will file an appeal as per guidelines."
Our campaign is based on findings by Ookla - the globally recognized leader in mobile speed tests and also a benchmark for reputed global operators, the telco added.