We can't deny that Reliance Jio has created a stir in the Indian telecom market segment. The operator's data packs are pretty enviable as the same offer high-speed data connectivity at affordable rates.
Though Jio is offering prepaid plans from Rs. 19 to Rs. 9,999. Each plan has a specific validity period but there are possibilities that you might exhaust your daily data limit. In that case, you can make use of the booster packs that the operator offers. With these packs, you can continue accessing the internet with high-speed connectivity even beyond the permissible limit.
For instance, if you recharge for the Rs. 309 or Rs. 399 prepaid plan, you will get 1GB or 2GB of 4G data per day. On exhausting this limit, you can still browse the internet but the speed will drop to 128kbps. If you are in need of more high-speed data, you can recharge with any of the Jio booster packs that will give you additional 4G data up to 10GB that can be enjoyed as long as your basic pack is valid.
Let's take a look at more details of the Reliance Jio booster packs, the different plans availability, their validity period and how you can avail the same.
Jio has introduced 5 booster packs
There are five different Jio booster packs for the prepaid users.
- Rs. 11 Jio Booster Pack: With this add-on pack, you will get 100MB of 4G data and 35 minutes of voice calls.
- Rs. 51 Jio Booster Pack: This booster pack gives 1GB of 4G data and 175 minutes of voice calls.
- Rs. 91 Jio Booster Pack: This pack offers 2GB of 4G data and 325 minutes of voice calls.
- Rs. 201 Jio Booster Pack: With this pack, you will get 5GB of 4G data and 725 minutes of voice calls.
- Rs. 301 Jio Booster Pack: The Rs. 301 add-on will give 10GB of 4G data and 1,000 minutes of voice calls.
Validity of Jio booster packs
These Jio booster packs ranging from Rs. 11 to Rs. 301 can be activated anytime when you have used up your permissible limit of data. If you need additional data, you can recharge with any of these booster packs. There is no validity for these packs and the same will be valid as long as your primary recharge is valid.
How to activate Jio booster packs?
You can activate the additional Jio booster packs from the MyJio app. To do so, follow the steps given below.
- Open MyJio app and select the data booster option under the My Recharge section.
- You will be able to see the available add-on or booster packs as mentioned above. Choose the right one and you will be taken to the payment gateway.
- You have payment options such as bank account, credit card, debit card or payment wallets.
That's it! Your recharge will be done and the pack will be activated immediately so that you can use it whenever you are in need of additional data.