TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Reliance Jio introduced their 4G services in India with much fanfare nearly three months ago. At the launch event, Mukesh Ambani quoted that their goal was to get 100 million users by the end of this year.
However, at one point of time, their achievement seemed to be a dream, but the telecom company is slowly nearing its goal. In a recent report by TOI, it is said that the company has crossed 50 million subscribers in just 83 days, which is a grand record.
They even state that, Jio is creating a new record by adding 1000 customers per minute and 6 lakhs per day.
To recall, Airtel achieved this milestone after 12 long years, whereas it took 13 years for Vodafone and Idea Cellular to get 50 million subscribers.
It is quite understandable that Jio has go this much of fanfare only because of the attractive 'Welcome Offer'. Having said that, with the welcome offer, users can enjoy free services till December 31.
Also, Reliance Jio was the quickest network in the country to reach 16 million customers in just 23 days and later on they achieved 26 million users in next 45 days.
At this point of time, Jio's dream of getting 100 million subscribers by the end of this year seems bleak, however, there are several rumors regarding the Welcome Offer 2.