TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Ever since the Digital India initiative was announced by the central government, there are many steps that are being taken by the telecom operators to make this initiative a success.
Now, the Goa Government has taken up the Digital India initiative seriously and has announced an ambitious scheme offering free data and talktime to the youth in the coastal state. Well, the Goa Government has named the scheme "Goa Yuva Sanchar Yojana".
Under this scheme, the youth in the region belonging to the age group 16 to 30 years will be able to enjoy free 100 minutes of talktime and 3GB of data at a great speed of 2Mbps per month. Note that the beneficiaries can enjoy this scheme for free of cost.
The interesting part is that the Goa Government has joined hands with Vodafone for this scheme. It will benefit around 1.25 lakh youth in the aforementioned age group use the free talktime and internet. The catch is that the government of Goa has the right to discontinue this scheme if anyone is found misusing the same.
While announcing the Goa Yuva Sanchar Yojana, the Goa Chief Minister, Laxmikant Parsekar, distributed the first batch of SIM cards to the youth. Notably, Vodafone has won the bid hosted by the Goa government surpassing Reliance Jio and Idea Cellular with its quoted cost of Rs. 124,90 per beneficiary enjoying this scheme.
We can soon expect the other state governments to roll out such offers to keep pace with the Digital India initiative.