HP is transforming the desktop PC to create unique experiences that deliver the power customers expect in small, creative designs.
The HP Pavilion Wave is designed for entertainment and productivity for the home by combining desktop power and great audio experiences.
For customers who want a PC that can fit into small places, the new offering is a beautiful and compact design with the power of a full-sized desktop.
This unique desktop is built around a fully integrated, advanced audio system to play music, listen to movies, web chats and Cortana1.
It features an iconic triangular form with an innovative parabolic reflector with an integrated speaker on top of the PC for superb, 360-degree sound to fill a room with crisp audio.
The HP Elite Slice, HP's smallest desktop, is a desktop built for communications and collaboration. It is the first modular commercial desktop with cable-less connectivity2 and enables customers to build the desktop of their choice.
This desktop changes the way office space is designed by creating streamlined work environments that boast productivity. Versatility, performance and enterprise-grade security merge to deliver greater productivity and collaboration between employees while transforming the workplace and workstyles.
"Today customers want sleek, innovative and powerful desktop designs that enable new experiences," said Ketan Patel, Director - Personal Systems Category, HP Inc. India.
"The HP Pavilion Wave and Elite Slice are the result of HP engineers and designers reinventing the desktop by rethinking its shape, size and look while adding functionality to enable new use case."
The HP Pavilion Wave naturally sits on top of the desk featuring a compact, space-efficient 360-degree design and is 85 percent smaller than traditional tower PCs at 6.81" x 6.62" x 10.29".
The desktop design is built around the central audio system and finished with premium materials including acoustic fabric engineered for room filling sound.
A parabolic reflector on top of the PC reflects the sound coming from the speaker grille in parallel from all directions and acts as an outlet vent for hot air to come out.
The 360 Degree Multi-Directional Reflective Audio delivers a crisp audio profile at all frequencies and is tuned by B&O Play for amazing sound whether listening to mid, high or low ranges.
The triangular design houses three main zones for components: the motherboard on one side, the hard drive on the second side and thermals on the third side. The thermal design uses heat pipes to extract heat from the motherboard and the graphics card to push out the top of the PC to keep the device running cool.
Other features include:
- Peripheral support with three USB 3.0 ports, one USB 3.1 Type-C port for data transfer, one HDMI port, one DisplayPort, Gigabit Ethernet and a microphone/headphone jack.
- Built-in speakers and microphone to listen to your music, use Cortana and do skype calls.
- High-performing power house with up to 6th Generation Intel® CoreTM i7 quad-core desktop processors4, ample storage up to 1 TB SDD5 or a 2 TB HDD5, an optional 128 GB SSD5 and up to 16GB of DDR4 system memory.
- Optional AMD RadeonTM R9 M470 discrete graphics for photo and video editing or light gaming.
HP Elite Slice Designed for Business Productivity and Collaboration
The ultra-small, big power form factor is just 6.5" x 1.38" x 6.5" and weighs 2.31 lbs7. The cable-less design allows for a clean work environment because customers do not separate cables plugged into the wall to power each component.
This is the first commercial desktop powered from a display8 via only one USB 3.1 Type-CTM cable with a Type-CTM compatible display including the optional new Quad HD9 HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor.
The display is equipped with integrated wireless charging and USB Type-CTM to perfectly complement the desktop.
HP Elite Slice versatility is provided by cover and base expansion options. Customers can choose from different covers when configuring the PC and expand the solution at any time with additional modules to create the desktop that best fits their needs:
- HP Collaboration Cover: turns the desktop into a Microsoft Skype for Business phone for easy call management with capacitive touch keys.
- HP Wireless Charging Cover: wireless charging starts automatically upon contact to eliminate charging cables and ensure mobile phones and devices are powered, ready for use. The Wireless Charging Cover is expected to start shipping in the first half of 2017 and requires factory configuration.
- HP Audio Module: spoken word tuning makes virtual meetings and call experiences crisp and clear with audio tuned by Bang & Olufsen, 360 degree speaker design, dual-microphone array with range of five meters and HP Noise Cancellation software.
- HP ODD Module: for quick and easy back up or to archive files and access legacy content on CDs or DVDs.
- An optional touch fingerprint sensor for improved security and easy authentication.HP Sure Start with Dynamic Protection, the industry's first self-healing BIOS-level protection.
- Up to 6th Generation Intel® CoreTM i7 35-watt processors for the performance to easily handle productivity and collaboration needs4.
- Unique 360-degree dual fan pipe ring keeps the powerful device running cool.
- Peripheral support for enhanced productivity including one Ethernet port, built-in Wi-Fi module11 and antennas, one HDMI and one DisplayPortTM to power multiple displays.
Pricing and Availability
- HP Pavilion Wave starting price is Rs 61990.00 and consumer has a choice to buy HP Monitor separately as per requirement. HP Pavilion Wave is expected to be available at select retailers and HPshopping.com on October 2, 2016.
- HP Elite Slice starting price is Rs. 62,990/- and is expected to be available for shipment from 1st October 2016.
o HP Audio Module price is Rs. 9990/-.
o HP ODD Module price is Rs. 8990/-.
- HP Elite Slice for Meeting Rooms starting price is Rs. 84,990/- and is expected to be available for shipment from 1st October 2016.
- HP EliteDisplay S240uj Monitor starting price is Rs. 38,990/- and is expected to be available in October 2016.
- HP LD5511 55-inch Large Format Display starting price is Rs. 89,990/- and is expected to be available for shipment from 1st October 2016.