TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
BlackBerry's very own BBM messaging app which was supposed to go live for Android on September 21st, has been kept at halt for a while because of the leaked Android APK. Even for iOS devices as well, the app was pulled down from the store after a couple of hours on Sunday. Thus, Saturday itself BlackBerry addressed the fans by asking for patience on its Facebook Fanpage. They wrote, " Thanks for your patience. Working hard to get you the real BBM ASAP. We'll let you know when it's live."
According to BlackBerry, the reason why the roll out was paused was an unreleased version of the BBM for Android app which was posted online prior to its official launch. More than 1.1 million active users in the first 8 hours without even launching the official Android app was recorded. The number definitely shows the popularity of the BBM app. For BlackBerry this unreleased version caused issues, which they have attempted to address throughout the day. However, the company said that these issues has not impacted BBM service for BlackBerry so far.
The struggling company further said that their team is working to bring BBM to Android and iPhone as soon as possible. However, whoever has already downloaded the BBM app for iPhone can continue to use it while the leaked Android app will be disabled.
Moreover roll out of BBM for Android would be sen country-wise and on the other hand, for iPhone the app would continue to roll out. And the latest tweet from the company's twitter post read, "We will provide you an update on timing as soon as we can,".