- 1 hr ago Realme Power Bank 2 With Two-Way Fast Charging Launched For Rs. 999
- 1 hr ago Realme Buds Air Neo With 119.2ms Latency Launched For Rs. 2,999 In India
- 2 hrs ago Realme Watch With 1.4-inch Color Display Launches For Rs. 3,999 In India
- 7 hrs ago Realme Smart TV With HDR10 Launched In India: Priced Starting Rs. 12,999
- Movies Salman Khan Keeps His Promise, Releases A New Song For His Fans On Eid
- News Karnataka govt allows exemptions for ministers, airlines crew from quarantine norms
- Sports Bayern coach Flick bemoans lack of fans at 'special' Dortmund clash
- Lifestyle How Does Chronic Pain Affect The Immune System?
- Automobiles Triumph Tiger 900 Pre-Bookings Open Officially: India Launch Expected In Coming Weeks
- Finance HDFC Net Profits Fall, Declares Rs 21 Per Share Dividend
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
Here are 5 ways Allo and Duo bring the 'smart' to smartphones
With all the messaging apps that have been in the Play Store, especially the best of the best WhatsApp, there is another addition to it all. Google took to the stage to announce Allo, its smart messaging app is filled with features that take full advantage of Google's ecosystem. Also, we are introduced to Duo, a video chat application that will connect many users across the platform.
Let's take a closer look at it.
Say 'Allo' with Stickers!!!
If you ask a layman what 'Allo' is, he/she would take a look at the app and just say that it's what Hike looks like when on steroids. And Google just took advantage and bested WhatsApp with many nifty features in this app.
Not only does it allow to send and receive messages in the way of texts and stickers, it actually makes it interactive in every way. And that is made possible with the help of the new Google Assistant. If you're having conversations with your best buddies about a weekend bike ride, it sends up suggestions about places you could go to. The same can be said about your dinner plans.
Seamless connectivity everywhere you move
Let's welcome Duo, Google's new video communications app that will work in tandem with Google Fi. The app transitions its network from WiFi to cellular data (and vice-versa) even when on a video call. Thus, there will be no stutter when you move from your network to catch the train to work. Also, the app introduced Knock Knock. A feature that lets the receiver view a LIVE feed of the caller before answering the call.
Both Allo and Duo have high end-to-end encryption built into them. This feature has become a standard in many messaging apps including WhatsApp. No calls, messages, or video sessions can be accessed by any third-party.
Also read: Google I/O 2016: These Are 10 Biggest Announcements That Happened
Whisper or SHOUT
This is by far the coolest feature in the app. No longer would have to type in CAPS to show your anger or excitement. The app changes your messages from whispers (the receiver will see the chats in a smaller font size) to SHOUTs. The feature will be the most used once the app is available to all.
The apps are currently available for pre-registrations via Google Play.