- 8 hrs ago How To Delete Keyboard History On Your Android Smartphone
- 11 hrs ago 10 Best Android Apps For Investment On The Move
- 14 hrs ago How To Enable/Disable New Hardware Acceleration Feature On Chrome?
- 16 hrs ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- News Assam Police recruitment: 2000 Assam police jobs announced, direct link to apply here
- Sports ICC World Cup 2019: Virat Kohli confirms Bhuvneshwar ruled out of next 2-3 games due to hamstring niggle
- Lifestyle Shikha Talsania Gave Us Major Jewellery Goal With Her Latest Look
- Movies Sri Reddy Launches A Scathing Attack On This Star; Leaves Everyone Shocked!
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Uber signs deal with TomTom for maps in its Uber Driver App
TomTom, the navigation company, said on Thursday that it had signed a multi-year deal to provide Uber with digital maps for the software used by its drivers. The Dutch company provides maps for Volkswagen and Apple's iPhone. This will be another record deal deal for the company. TomTom has been working with Apple maps since Apple ditched Google Maps and picked TomTom.
TomTom's technology will bring accuracy to Uber, which will help the taxi service to improve its services. TomTom has been a competitor to HERE maps as well as Google maps.The details regarding the financials terms of the deal between both the companies have not been disclosed.
TomTom's advanced map-making technology, combined with its world class traffic information, will ensure Uber has a seamless navigation experience, accurate arrival times and efficient journeys in more than 300 cities around the world.
"We are excited to provide Uber with our best-in-class location data." said Charles Cautley, Managing Director Maps & Licensing at TomTom. "TomTom is a truly independent map provider with the platform for the future. With this platform, TomTom is the trusted partner for innovative and future proof location technology for the global automotive and consumer technology industry."
"We look forward to working with TomTom, a leader in the mapping and navigation space," said Matt Wyndowe, Head of Product Partnerships at Uber. "Their mapping and traffic data will help ensure we continue to provide a great experience for drivers everywhere."