- 20 min ago Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Specifications Tipped; To Pack New Snapdragon 750 SoC
- 37 min ago OnePlus 8T Available For Pre-Orders: Should You Book?
- 1 hr ago Nokia 8.3 5G Likely To Arrive Soon; Nokia 3.4, Nokia 2.4 India Launch Scheduled For October
- 1 hr ago Google Pixel 4a Users Complain Ghost Touch Issue: Report
- News Bihar elections: EC presser in 9 points
- Finance 4 Factors Behind Market's Rally On Friday
- Education TNEA Rank List 2020: How To Check TNEA Rank List 2020 PDF Download
- Movies RIP SP Balasubrahmanyam: Akshay Kumar, Bhagyashree And Others Mourn The Tragic Loss
- Lifestyle Urvashi Rautela Turns ‘Black Rose’ In A Red And Black Saree For Her Upcoming Film’s Poster Look
- Sports Know more about Manchester United target Vitaliy Mykolenko
- Automobiles Honda Cruiser Motorcycle Likely To Be Called H’Ness: Details Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090; Ferocious GPU Not Meant For Average Gamers
Compared to the RTX 20 series of GPUs based on Pascal architecture, the newly launched RTX 30 series based on Ampere architecture offers improved performance and efficiency. In fact, the most affordable Ampere architecture GPU -- the RTX 3070 outperforms the flagship Pascal architecture GPU -- the RTX 2080 Ti while costing less than half the price.
At the soft launch, NVIDIA boss confirmed that the RTX 3080 is the flagship offering, so what is the RTX 3090 GPU? According to the leading GPU maker, it is a "Big Ferocious GPU", and is not meant for an average gaming enthusiast. Here's why:
Most Powerful Consumer GPU In The World
The RTX 3090 dethrones the RTX TITAN as the most powerful consumer GPU in the world while simultaneously costing less. This means, with the RTX 3090 one gets a more powerful graphics processor at a relatively low price (Rs. 152,000).
The RTX 3090 packs a whopping 24GB video memory, which is identical to that of the RTX TITAN. However, unlike the TITAN, the RTX 3090 uses the latest GDDR6X which is faster and power-efficient than the GDDR6 used on the TITAN.
The GPU also packs other technical advancements like a 384-bit memory interface and a whopping 10496 CUDA cores, offering the best possible performance. There were rumors that the RTX 3090 would require 850W of power. However, it is not confirmed that it just needs 350W of power and can be used with a RIG that has a minimum of 750W PSU.
In terms of physical size, the RTX 3090 is indeed a big graphics card and it takes three slots. So, you might not be able to use this GPU with a mid-sized tower as it requires a lot of space.
It Can Play Games At 8K 60FPS
NVIDIA has confirmed that the RTX 3090 can play games at 8K resolution (probably on titles with DLSS technology), officially making the RTX 3090 the most powerful consumer graphics card.
Should You Buy One?
For the asking price of 1.5 lakhs INR, you can build a gaming PC with the RTX 3080 (Rs. 71,000) and a high-performance CPU of your choice (AMD or Intel) and you will still have money to buy a decent high refresh rate monitor.
If you are a regular gamer, then don't get RTX 3080. Instead, spend the same amount to build a complete PC with the RTX 3080 GPU and it can easily run most of the modern AAA titles launching in the next few years without any issue.
However, if you are a content creator who edits in 4K or 8K resolution and streams a lot, then the getting the RTX 3090 seems like a great option, as it can offer a lot of legroom for the future requirements without any issue and 24GB VRAM is definitely an overkill for a regular user.
|NVIDIA GeForce||RTX 3090|
|Price In India||Rs. 1,52,000|
|Boost Clock (GHz)||1.7|
|Standard Memory Configuration||24GB GDDR6X|
|Memory Interface Width||384-bit|
|Maximum Digital Resolution||7680x4320|
|Standard Display Connectors||HDMI 2.1, 3x DisplayPort 1.4a|
|Length||12.3-inches (313 mm)|
|Width||5.4-inches (138 mm)|
|Maximum GPU Temperature (in C)||93|
|Graphics Card Power (W)||350|
|Recommended System Power (W)||750|
|Supplementary Power Connectors||2x PCIe 8-pin|