- 3 hrs ago Mystery OnePlus Smartphone Pops Up On Geekbench: Is It The OnePlus Nord Lite?
- 3 hrs ago iQOO Z1 Nautical King Limited Edition Available For Purchase Starting July 22
- 4 hrs ago Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- 5 hrs ago Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- News Rajasthan crisis: Congress MLAs to meet again at 10 am tomorrow, Sachin Pilot extended invite
- Sports E-Conclave to discuss media's role in promoting basketball in India
- Lifestyle COVID-19: WHO Official Says The Virus Could Have Existed Long Before Outbreak
- Automobiles New-Generation Kia Carnival Interiors Revealed Officially: Expected To Arrive In India By 2022
- Movies Shaheen Bhatt To Take Legal Action Against Online Harassers; ‘Will Not Protect Your Identity’
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
macOS Catalina Now Available For Macs Newer Than 2012 Model
macOS Catalina -- the latest computer OS from Apple is finally available for download on select Macintosh devices. Visually this version looks similar to the macOS Mohave. However, the company has made several under the hood changes and also added new features.
The update weighs around 8GB, so make sure that the device is connected to high-speed internet for an uninterrupted update process. Here are some of the new features to checkout on macOS Catalina.
Apple Arcade Now Available For Mac
At WWDC 2019, Apple announced a new service called the Apple Arcade, where users can play 100s of games with a monthly subscription charge of Rs. 99. The service is now live on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS Catalina. Apple Arcade offers exclusive titles with no ads or any other interruptions.
Apps like Apple Music, Apple Podcast, and Apple TV are also available on the macOS Catalina. Just like Apple Arcade, one has to have a monthly subscription to enjoy these services.
Sidecar: Add A Secondary Display
macOS Cataline by default supports Sidecar, where one can use an iPad as a secondary display for the mac. Do note that, this feature is not available on all Macs. And one needs to have an iPad with iPadOS to get this feature. This feature will be useful for those who want to make sketches using third-party softwares like Photoshop, Illustrator, and ZBrush that support touch input via the Apple Pencil.
Accessibility: Features For Specially Enabled People
macOS Catalina now supports a lot of features that help people with disabilities. The computer can now be controlled with just voice commands and the company has also improved Siri's speech recognition to improve speech to text feature and voice text editing.
Screen Time: Monitor Your Activity
Just like iOS13, macOS Catalina does support Screen Time, where it showcases the time spent on the system in an infographic way letting users control their computer time.