TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Shivakumara Swamiji No More — CM Declares Holiday
- India's Richest Got Richer By 39% In 2018 While The Poorest Saw Just 3% Rise
- WhatsApp Limits Message-Forwarding To Five Chats
- URI Enters 100 Crore Club; To Be Remade In Three Languages
- 2019 Yamaha FZ & FZ-S V3.0 Models Launched In India
- MS Dhoni Has A Chance To Break This Sachin Tendulkar Record In New Zealand
- Hodal — Your Ultimate Guide To Haryana's Least Explored Part
- Madhuri Dixit Nene Has A Pretty Humble Office Wear Idea For Us
The word innovation goes hand in hand with Google. Guess what? There are some new genius inventions from the search giant with which users can bid a farewell to passwords. Google has developed data-encrypted rings and small USB keys that can be used to log in a computer or an online account.
This is not the first time we are hearing about Google's plans to replace passwords. The company did bring up the topic, last month, in their academic paper, which was published online.
As people do have a tendency to forget passwords, these personal hardware will eliminate the chances of that happening. You just need to make sure, you don't lose them.
Mayank Upadhyay, a principal engineer explains Google is concentrating on a USB key that can perform a cryptographic transaction with an online service to authenticate the key's validity, when plugged into a computer. The key is suppose to come with a built-in contactless chip so it can be used to log in with mobile devices.
Upadhyay also explained about a prototype data-encrypted ring that could take the place of a password token. However, he did not give more details about the product."Some people are not comfortable with a [USB] token," he said.
Google have already approached other companies to lay the groundwork, for using this technology to access different websites and services. "It's extremely early stages, and we're trying to get more partners," said Upadhyay
Google says, it is looking to come up with more appealing form factors for the technology. This will be interesting to see.