- How to add iPhone X gesture to your Android smartphone
- New renders show Samsung Galaxy Note 9 in Lilac Purple shade
- Indian iPhone users might suffer from deactivation due to TRAI's new regulations
- How and why should you download the Motorsports Manager 3 on Android and iOS devices
- TECNO's first dual-camera smartphone powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor to launch soon
- Vivo Nex First Impressions: First True Flagship smartphone from Vivo
Android is stacked with so many tools and configuration options that we often overlook some of its most useful features because sometimes they're hidden in plain sight.
Smart touch gestures are one of a kind Android features that opens a new door to smart Android user experience. Here are 5 such touch tricks that you can use to enhance your Android smartphone user experience.
1. Long press app notifications to access the app’s settings
There is no secrecy that if you slide a notification message to one side, it will disappear. But, if you hold your finger on the app notification and select the gear cog icon, it can take you to settings option.
2. Double Tap on Words to Get Shortcuts
Since Android Marshmallow has come onto the scene, the usual copy- paste double-tap function has got a major upgrade. Now, double-tap on a word, phrase gives you a menu button (three vertical dots) along with copy and share.
This menu button lets you search for the selected text on the web, active Google Assistant and translate it. Now you can do it all without leaving the screen.
3. Zoom in on any screen
Many applications allow you to zoom in on a screen by placing two fingers. However not all applications all that. But, there is a workaround. You can magnify your screen without any app right from the Android settings.
Activate the function by going to Settings > Accessibility > Magnification gestures. Once activated, you can click thrice on the screen to zoom in on anywhere you want.
4. Make the Google keyboard occupy less space
If you want to reduce the keyboard's size, you can simply press the Enter key for a few seconds until a new option appears on your keyboard.
5. Uninstall an app directly from the home screen
If you long press on an app icon on your home screen, this will allow you to uninstall it directly. All you are required to do is to drag the app to the word Uninstall that appears once you long press. That's all!