- 4 hrs ago How To Get Numeric Keypad In Windows
- 7 hrs ago OPPO Fantastic Days Sale Offers: Oppo F11 Pro, Oppo Reno 2, Oppo A11, Oppo A5s, Oppo A3s And More
- 8 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy Watch 4G Review: Best Smartwatch Of The Year 2019?
- 8 hrs ago Oppo Reno 3 Pro With 90Hz Display Tipped Alongside Oppo A8, Oppo A91
- Sports Brian Lara extends his support to Women's National Cricket Tournament for Blind, wishes visually impaired girls
- News CAB protest: Violence in WB; curfew relaxed in parts of Assam, Meghalaya
- Movies Fahadh Faasil To Sport A New Look For Malik!
- Lifestyle A 12-Year-Old Colour-Blind Boy Gets Emotional After He Sees Colours For The First Time
- Automobiles Volvo XC40 T4 R-Design Petrol Launched In India At Rs 39.90 Lakh, Ex-Showroom
- Finance RBI To Offer Liquidity Support Scheme For 24X7 Functionality Of Neft
- Travel How Christmas Is Celebrated In Different Parts Of India
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
How to Spot a Fake iPhone [9 Quick Tricks]
Presently, fake Apple iPhones are being cloned so well that they are physically very similar to the genuine iPhone.
The "fake iPhone" market has become a very lucrative business for deceitful phone manufacturers. While many of the earlier iPhone duplicates were poorly made, however, with the passing of time, some fake iPhones are being cloned so well that they are physically very similar to the genuine iPhone.
You might actually think it's the real deal.
Nowadays, these fake iPhones are really good imitations taking into account the size of the device, the buttons placement, the Apple logo, and other physical indicators of an original iPhone.
Unfortunately, they appear in seemingly legitimate online ads or real-world stores. Regardless of where they appear, they're out there, and people who buy them are being cheated.
At the same time, the attempts made by the police have also failed to eliminate fake iPhones business from the market. So, as an alternate solution, the best thing that can be done is to educate people and prevent them from falling victim and purchase an iPhone from these unethical manufacturers.
So, in the future, if you want to purchase an iPhone from the used market, a classified ad or some other dealer that is not an Apple dealer, you can use this guide to determine if the phone you are buying is, in fact, a real iPhone or not.
# The Apple Logo
Firstly, make sure that the phone has the Apple Logo at the back. Most makers of fake iPhones try to replicate the logo sometimes but there is always some error that you can spot if you look closely.
Many of the fake iPhones may have a recessed logo or a mirror finish.
# Penta Lobe Screws
To identify the fake iPhone, the second thing to check is its screws. Apple uses the Penta lobe screws in the original iPhone whereas the fake iPhone has normal cross screws.
# External SD Card
Distinctively, Apple iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S Plus have no external memory card slot like their predecessors. So if you have an iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus or any other model of iPhone with an external SD card slot. It is a fake iPhone.
# Charging Port
Examine the charging port and if you notice a plastic border around it, the iPhone is basically a fake one.
Usually, the height of the camera on the back of the fake phone is less compared to that of the original iPhone.
The quality also differs. The fake one probably delivers a poor quality and blurry image.
# Welcome Logo
A fake iPhone will have a welcome screen like the word "Welcome," while the original one will show you the logo of the iPhone.
# IMEI Number
The IMEI number of the iPhone is found when you tap about on your screen in the general settings of the iPhone or it will be given on the cover. That number can be verified from the Apple official website, which will confirm the phone's originality.
# iTunes and Apple Store
You can easily check if your iPhone is fake or original by connecting it with iTunes. If it does not connect, then it's definitely not an original iPhone.
Additionally, when using the iPhone, when you tap the Apple store icon, if it does not open the Apple store then the phone is probably fake.
The original iPhones box does not have a phone pic on top. Usually, the packaging is of low quality on the fake one with a cheap quality plastic.
Looking at the back, the original iPhone box will have all the details regarding the model, description of the phone, the country name where it is manufactured, serial number and a bar code that ensures the originality of the product inside it. The fake one will not have the details.