TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Since its inception, Google's Android operating system has stayed true to its tradition of naming consecutive versions after popular sweets. After Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean and KitKat, we're wondering what the Internet giant is going to call its next flavor of Android.
Millions of Android users from around the country were upset that the the version following Jelly Bean wasn't called Kaju Katli as they hoped it would. Despite having created a support base of 8,000 people, it was too little and too late. Google went on to strike a deal with KitKat, naming their latest OS after the popular candy bar.
In an attempt to get an Indian name for the next version of Android, a group of students from IIT-Kharagpur have shot off an open letter to Google's Android boss, Sundar Pichai, requesting the Internet giant to call the next OS version as Lassi. The group believes that the company would benefit greatly if it tried to strengthen its bonds with the massive Indian Android community.
There's another campaign being launched in support of naming the next version of the OS as Ladoo, after the famous Indian sweet. Thanks to social media, the movement is receiving a lot of enthusiasm and publicity. Interested in supporting the campaign? Well, check out the campaign website for more information. Word has it that a few boxes of Ladoos have already been sent to Andy Rubin and Larry Page.