- 2 hrs ago Realme 10 Pro 5G Coca Cola Edition Design Revealed, Set to Launch Next Week
- 3 hrs ago Vivo V27 Tipped to Feature MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, High-End Sony Camera Sensors
- 7 hrs ago Oppo Reno 8T Series Introduced In Vietnam Ahead Of India Launch On February 3
- 7 hrs ago Samsung, Google, And Qualcomm To Jointly Develop “XR” System For Extended Reality Immersive Computing
- Movies K Viswanath Passes Away: Legendary Director, Actor & Producer Dies Due To Ill Health At The Age Of 92!
- News Legendary Telugu filmmaker-actor K Viswanath is no more
- Sports Ranji Trophy 2022-23 QF: Andhra skipper Hanuma Vihari bats one-handed but MP tighten grip on match on Day 3
- Finance UPI Security Tips: SBI Offers Top 6 Tips For Making UPI Transactions Secure
- Lifestyle Valentine’s Day: Effects Of A Breakup On Your Body
- Travel Ultimate Ancient Landmarks to Add to Your Bucket List
- Education TNDTE Diploma Result Announced; Check Details Here
- Automobiles Hyundai Creta, Alcazar Updated – Gets New Diesel Engine & More Features
Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Is The Precursor Still Worth Buying?
Realme recently unveiled the successor of the Realme 8i dubbed the Realme 9i in the country. The Realme 9i carries the similar price tag as the Realme 8i. However, the latest one has redesigned camera module along with the Snapdragon processor and the expandable RAM technology.
Now, the question is whether buying the Realme 8i is still worth it or you should consider the successor Realme 9i. If you are confused to choose between them, this article would help you. Here's we've compared the pricing and features of both the Realme 8i and the Realme 9i.
Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Pricing
As mentioned above, both models share similar price tag. The base 4GB RAM + 64GB storage variant is priced at Rs. 13,999, while the high-end 6GB RAM + 128GB storage model retails for Rs. 15,999. However, both units come with different color variants. The Realme 9i comes in Prism Black and Prism Blue color options, while the Realme 8i is available in Space Black and Space Purple variants.
Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Display
In terms of display, both the Realme 9i and the Realme 8i sport a 6.6-inch full-HD+ (1080 x 2412 pixels) display. However, if you want higher refresh rate, still consider the Realme 8i. As the Realme 9i supports 90Hz refresh rate, while the Realme 8i comes with 120Hz refresh rate. However, the Realme 9i is lightweight compared to the Realme 8i.
Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Performance
The successor is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 SoC which is paired with Adreno 610 GPU and also supports Realme's powerful Dynamic RAM Expansion (DRE) technology allows the 6GB of memory to be expanded by up to 5GB.
On the other hand, the Realme 8i was announced with MediaTek Helio G96 processor which is also a good mid-range processor. Besides, both phones run Android 11 OS with Realme UI 2.0. For battery, the Realme 9i wins the game as it supports 33W charging and claims to increase 33% charging speed compared to the Realme 8i. But both pack a 5,000 mAh battery unit.
Realme 9i Vs Realme 8i: Camera Specs
You'll get different camera module at the rear panel of the Realme 9i. However, it comes with similar 50MP + 2MP + 2MP triple rear cameras and a 16MP selfie camera sensor as the Realme 8i. So, Realme could have offered better camera features on the successor Realme 9i model.
Should You Still Consider Realme 8i Over The Realme 9i?
First of all, both models skip 5G connectivity. So, if the 5G connectivity is your priority, then can consider other devices like the Realme 8s 5G and the Narzo 30 Pro 5G.
If you want fast charging, more powereful chipset with dynamic RAM, go for the Realme 9i. To know in detail about the Realme 9i, you can head over to our review story.
However, considering the Realme 8i won't disappoint you, it has a higher 120Hz display and good back panel design. Also, it supports 18W charging tech along with mid-range processor that is enough capable of handling gaming and day-to-day usage.