- 11 min ago itel Announces Magic 2 4G Feature Phone In India; Price Set At Rs. 2,349
- 1 hr ago Fathers Day 2021: Budget Smartphones Gift Ideas Under Rs. 15,000
- 1 hr ago Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Spotted With 25W Rapid Charging; Expected Features, Launch Date
- 2 hrs ago Reliance Jio Likely To Delay 4G And 5G Smartphone Launch: Here's Why
- Finance What Is The Difference Between Absolute And Annualised Return?
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada 8: Parameshwar Gundkal Confirms Kichcha Sudeep Show’s Second Innings!
- Automobiles Revolt Electric Bike Bookings Reopen From June 18 In Six Cities: Here’s How To Book One
- News UK expands COVID-19 vaccination drive to cover all over aged 21 and 22
- Sports Arsenal Premier League fixtures in full: Gunners go to promoted Brentford before early double test
- Education Study Abroad 2021: Check Out The Countries Reopening For International Students
- Lifestyle Haseen Dillruba Promotions: Taapsee Pannu Flaunts Two Gorgeous Sarees; Which Saree Did You Like More?
- Travel Top 5 Indian Destinations To Travel With Friends In June
Vivo X7 vs Xiaomi Mi 5: Which mid-range phone is more value for money!
Chinese manufacturer Vivo Friday launched two new smartphones, dubbed as X7 and X7 Plus in its home country. The Vivo X7 has been introduced for a price of CNY 2,498 (approximately Rs. 25,000), and will go on sale in China starting July 7, but the company has not given out timeline for the phone's India launch.
The Vivo X7 is a mid-range smartphone that packs in impressive specifications. At its price point, the Vivo X7 smartphone will be up against the Xiaomi Mi5, which has been applauded for its feature and specs.
We put the Vivo X7 and Xiaomi Mi 5 against each other to do a spec-by-spec comparison. Here is all about the phones:
Metal body design rules:
The Vivo X7 flaunts a unibody metal design with curved edges that look somewhat similar to the iPhone 6s' design. In the official images, the phone looks beautiful donning rose gold colored chassis. The Xiaomi Mi 5, on the other hand, also dons a body that combines aluminum and glass. It has beveled sides that are curved half way towards the sides.
Full HD Display:
Both smartphones have almost similar sized display cramming in full HD (1080x1920 pixels) resolution. The Vivo X7 features a 5.2-inch 2.5D curved display, whereas the Xiaomi Mi5 features a comparatively slightly smaller 5.15-inch screen of same resolution. The main difference is that Vivo's don a Super AMOLED screen, which promises crisper visuals with better colours. The Xiaomi's phone, on the other hand, offers sunlight friendly screen for good visibility even under sun!
Snapdragon 820 vs 652 Chipset:
Xiaomi is powered by Qualcomm's top of the line Snapdragon 820 chipset, which is touted to be its most powerful and efficient chipset ever. The X7 Plus, on the other hand, is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 652 (MSM8976) processor clocked at 1.8GHz. Going by tech specs, Xiaomi wins in this department.
RAM and Storage space:
The Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in three variants, one with 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, another with 3GB RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage and the Pro version which has 4GB RAM paired with 128GB native storage. The Vivo X7 is available in single combination of 4GB of RAM paired with 64GB inbuilt storage.
Camera department: 16MP front-facing snapper kills it!
Camera is one of the highlights of the X7, as it sports a 16MP front-facing snapper accompanied by an LED flash to take care of your selfies. The phone also features a 13MP rear camera with LED flash and PDAF. The Mi5, on the other hand, adorns a 16MP rear facing snapper with OIS, PDAF, 4K video recording, and dual tone dual LED and an 8MP front-facing snapper.
Both handsets also sport fingerprint scanner, which is embedded into the physical home button, placed in between a pair of capacity keys. Fingerprint scanner is good for enhanced security of the device.
The two smarphones vary mainly in terms of software features. Vivo X7 runs Funtouch OS 2.5.1 which is based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, which is an outdated version of the OS considering most of the new gen smartphones now ship with Marshmallow update. Xiaomi Mi5, on the other hand, gets an edge as it offers Android Marshmallow out of the box. Moreover, the phone offers MIUI which is quite popular amongst its users for the extra features it brings on top of Android OS.
USB Type-C Connectivity vs MicroUSB:
In terms of connectivity options, both phones offer 4G, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, and GPS/ A-GPS. However, the Mi5 offers USB Type C connectivity port where as the Vivo X7 has Micro-USB.