TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Update: Amazon has removed the listing of the Reliance JioPhone on its website within hours of spotting the device at a higher price tag.
The Reliance JioPhone that took the Indian mobile phone market by storm a few months back has made its way to the headlines today. Well, the device touted to be the world's smartest feature phone is now listed on Amazon India at a relatively higher price point.
A seller has listed the JioPhone on the online retailer for Rs. 1,745 and an additional delivery charge of Rs. 49. So, the total pricing that one has to pay for this device is Rs. 1,794. Notably, the device was launched at an effective price of Rs. 0 as the Rs. 1,500 security deposit will be refundable to the users after three years of adhering to some terms and conditions.
The listing on Amazon by the seller Gadget Geek Business Solution shows that the rating is too low at just 1.1 out of 5. However, there are some customer reviews stating that they have got the device shipped to them. Even if it is a genuine listing, the pricing is quite higher and Reliance Jio is not directly selling the product on Amazon.
Given that the JioPhone is available at almost all the major retailer stores, customers interested in buying the feature phone can head over to a nearby store to purchase it. While purchasing the JioPhone, users will be asked to get a new Jio SIM card and recharge it with a monthly plan of Rs. 153. Having said that, even on purchasing the JioPhone from Amazon India, buyers will have to visit a nearest Jio store to get the Jio 4G SIM card.
Except for the higher price tag, the JioPhone listing on Amazon India claims that the device is a dual-SIM model and that users can use any SIM card. However, this is not the case as the JioPhone has only one SIM slot (model number F90M) and will work only with the Jio 4G SIM card as it is a carrier locked device. This makes us doubt the authenticity of the JioPhone listing on Amazon India.
Prior to Amazon, the JioPhone was spotted on OLX and several users took to the online classifieds platform to sell the JioPhone. It is worth mentioning that the terms and conditions of Reliance Jio and the company's policies state that the buyers of the device do not have the rights to sell, lease or transfer the device to others.