- 2 min ago Honor 20, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20 Lite announced with quad cameras: Price, specs and more
- 1 hr ago Skullcandy Indy review: A cheaper alternative to Apple AirPods
- 2 hrs ago Vodafone partners with Hyundai arm, for connected car services
- 3 hrs ago Nokia 3.2 officially launched in India with 4000mAh battery starting at Rs 8,990
- Sports Archer thinks IPL experience gives him World Cup advantage
- News PM Modi’s ‘thanksgiving’ meet with council of ministers ahead of Lok Sabha election results
- Automobiles Range Rover Sport Launched With New 2.0-Litre Petrol Engine — Prices Start At 86.71 Lakh
- Lifestyle 21 Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites
- Movies Chinmayi Posts 'Nudes' As Requested By A Troll; Shocking Deets Inside
- Finance Savings Account Vs Debt Funds: Which Is Better To Maintain Emergency Fund?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019: 92.47% Students Passed
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Nokia 8 update brings April security patch in India
Nokia 8 has started receiving the latest security patch via an update.
HMD Global that holds the license to launch Nokia smartphones is know for its consistency in rolling out timely updates to its devices. The company started launching Android One smartphones that favor the timely rollout of updates. The latest one from the company to receive the update in India is Nokia 8.
Well, the Nokia 8 has received a new software update bringing the April Android security patch to the smartphone. This is an OTA update based on Android 9 Pie. Besides the latest security patch, it does not bring major changes or new features to the smartphone.
Nokia 8 update
Going by a recent NokiaPowerUser report, the Nokia 8 has received the update with the build number v5.150. It states that this update is being rolled out in India and Austria via the stable channel. The rollout of this update in the other regions remain unknown for now. Notably, this update weighs in around 255.4MB.
As per the changelog, the Android Pie-based update has brings improvements to the user interface and system stability. The report does not reveal any word regarding the other new system changes and features. If you own a Nokia 8, you can check for the OTA update by heading on to Settings → About phone → System updates. If you have not received the notification for the update, you can get the same in the coming days as it could be rolled out in phases.
Earlier this year, the previous-generation Nokia flagship smartphone received a software update taking it to Android Pie. This update brought in features such as Digital Wellbeing, gesture-based navigation, Adaptive Battery and many other new features.
Nokia 8 competition
Nokia 8 was launched in India in September 2017 for Rs. 36,999. Within a few months of its launch, the Nokia smartphone received a price cut of Rs. 8,000 taking it down to Rs. 28,999. However, this smartphone will face a tough competition from other recent flagship devices with better specifications such as Asus ZenFone 5Z that are available at a similar pricing.