TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
Earlier this month, Google announced the Android 9 Pie, the ninth major iteration of the OS. Since then, many Android OEMs are announcing their update plans and schedules as well as the eligible devices those will get the update. The latest one to join the list is Motorola. The company owned by Lenovo has revealed the list of smartphones those might get the Android 9 Pie update later this year.
When to expect the update
As of now, there is no word regarding when the update will be rolled out to these eligible Motorola smartphones. But the company has revealed that the update will hit sometime starting this fall.
Motorola smartphones to get Android Pie update
When it comes to the eligible Motorola smartphones, there are a slew of devices that will get the update for now. These eligible smartphones are listed below.
- Moto Z3
- Moto Z3 Play
- Moto Z2 Play
- Moto Z3 Force
- Moto X4
- Moto G6
- Moto G6 Play
- Moto G6 Plus
No Moto E5 devices
Sadly, users of the Moto E5 series of smartphones will be disappointed. The Moto E5 and E5 Plus smartphones those were launched earlier this year will not receive the Android 9 Pie update. These smartphones were launched in India last month but aren't eligible to get this update. Though these have made it to the first batch of eligible phones, we can expect these phones to get the update later.
Android 9 Pie features
Android 9 Pie comes with a slew of new features. Some of the notable ones are Adaptive battery that will learn the pattern of app usage to prevent unnecessary battery discharge, Adaptive brightness to automatically toggle between the brightness based on the lighting condition, App Actions for the smartphone to predict the next move for a better usage pattern, Slices, Google search and digital well being.
Motorola P30 launch
Recently, Motorola unveiled a new smartphone in China. The Motorola P30 was unveiled in the country at an event on August 15 along with the Moto Z3 and Moto E5 Plus. The smartphone comes with a dual-camera setup at its rear, a 6.2-inch display, an octa-core processor with 6GB RAM and AI camera capabilities.