- 1 hr ago Jio True 5G Reaches Northeast India; Now Live In 191 Cities In India
- 4 hrs ago Realme GT Neo 3T 5G Vs iQOO Neo 6 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- 22 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Indian Prices Leak: Accessories For Flagship Android Phones Surface Too
- 24 hrs ago Redmi Note 12 5G Vs Poco X4 Pro 5G: Specs, Display, Features, Compared
- Movies Veteran Kannada Actor Mandeep Roy Passes Away At 72
- News Gujarat Junior clerk exam cancelled after question paper leak
- Education IBPS SO Mains 2022 Exam Today; Check Details Here
- Lifestyle Expert Explains, What Is Botox? Know About Therapeutic Vs Cosmetic Botox Differences
- Finance Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana SSY account- Partial Withdrawal and Premature Closure
- Sports Manchester United 3-1 Reading: Boys from Brazil inspire FA Cup progress
- Travel What Is Sun Tourism And Why Its Trend Worries Himachal Pradesh
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Xtra Edition Debuts – Launch Soon
Vivo NEX S and NEX A announced: Price, specifications, features and more
Vivo NEX smartphones have gone official.
Vivo announced the launch of the highly-anticipated NEX series smartphones on Tuesday. The lineup includes two models - NEX S and NEX A. The key highlights of these smartphones include the 91.24% screen-to-body ratio, pop-up selfie camera and more. Both the NEX smartphones have almost similar specifications except for a few differences.
The NEX S is the advanced one among the duo with an in-display fingerprint sensor as the one we saw on the Vivo X20 Plus UD and the Vivo X21, which was launched recently in India. It is touted to use the third-generation screen fingerprint technology that is smaller and more powerful offering 10% faster unlocking speed and 50% better accuracy than the previous technology.
Vivo NEX S specifications
The Vivo NEX S bestows a 6.59-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2316 x 1080 pixels and an aspect ratio of 19.3:9. The device makes use of a 2.8GHz 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 845 SoC based on the 10nm process teamed up with Adreno 630 GPU, 8GB RAM and 128GB/256GB storage space.
The imaging aspects include a dual-camera setup at the rear. This camera module comprises of a 12MP Dual PD rear camera with Sony IMX363 sensor, dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture and 4-axis OIS and a 5MP secondary sensor with f/2.2 aperture. The rear camera supports AI features such as AI portrait shots and AI scene detection. Up front, there is an 8MP pop-up selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture. This selfie camera will automatically rise and hide whenever you open and close the camera app.
The other goodies on board the smartphone include dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, dual SIM support, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, a USB Type-C port and a 4000mAh battery with support for 22.5W fast charging. The smartphone runs Android 8.1 Oreo topped with Funtouch OS 4.0 with Ai-based Energy UI and a dedicated button to launch Jovi AI. The company has teamed up with Unreal, NetEase, and Tencent for system-level SDK optimized Game Mode 4.0 for the best gaming experience.
Vivo NEX A specifications
The Vivo NEX A features the same display, camera, software, connectivity and battery as the NEX S. The NEX A is powered by an octa-core Snapdragon 710 SoC based on 10nm process paired with Adreno 616 GPU. The other aspects include 6GB RAM and 128GB storage space. The smartphone has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
These smartphones do not have an earpiece but use the Screen SoundCasting Technology, which vibrates the screen rendering a better bass and softer treble. There is a micro-slit infrared sensor hidden at the top of the screen.
Price and availability
The Vivo NEX phones were launched in Diamond Black and Red color options. The NEX S with 128GB storage is priced at 4498 yuan (approx. Rs. 47,000) and 256GB storage variant is priced at 4998 yuan (approx. Rs. 52,000). The NEX A is priced at 3898 yuan (approx. Rs. 41,000). These NEX phones will go on sale in China from June 23.