TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
Xiaomi Mi A1, the Android One smartphone from the company received the Oreo beta update a few days back. Now, this smartphone has received the stable update of the same.
Xiaomi has taken to its official Twitter handle to announce that the Mi A1 gets the stable Android Oreo update. According to the tweet by Xiaomi, to receive the update, users have to make sure that the device is running the latest December update with the version number 7.12.19. The update measures almost 1GB and comes with the December security patch as well.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 is the same device as the Mi 5X but it runs Android One instead of the company's MIUI. The Mi A1 was launched in India in September along with Google's partnership. The device came with Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box and it was promised by Xiaomi that the Android Oreo update will be rolled out to the smartphone by the end of this year. As assured, the stable version of the update has hit the device.
The stable Android Oreo update will be rolled out to all the Xiaomi Mi A1 as an OTA (over-the-air) update in phases and the users will receive a notification regarding the same. If the OTA update takes time, the users of this smartphone can manually check for the update via Settings → About Phone → System Updates → Check for Update.
The Android 8.0 Oreo update will bring new features such as Picture-in-Picture or PIP mode while watching shows on Netflix or any other app so that users can use another app too at the same time. Also, the update will bring an enhanced battery life with enhanced Doze on Go mode offering a better background app restriction, redesigned settings app, autofill, adaptive icons, notification dots, and more. One of the recent reports suggested that the Android Oreo build will enable fast charging on the Mi A1.
The Xiaomi Mi A1 that was launched in India at Rs. 14,999 received a permanent price cut of Rs. 2,000 taking it down to Rs. 12,999.