TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kulbhushan Jadhav Case At ICJ: Proceedings Adjourned Till Tomorrow
- Mahindra XUV300 Vs Maruti Vitara Brezza — A Detailed Comparison
- Formula One 2019: Nico +Rosberg Most Excited About Vettel-Leclerc Partnership In 2019, Says It Will Be 'Super Fun'
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- Are Exchange Traded Funds ETF Suitable For Your Investment Portfolio?
- Kamalpur — The Long Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Alia Bhatt Reveals When She Will Marry Ranbir!
- Anushka Sharma's Street-style Outfit Is Our Latest OOTD
We already know that Xiaomi is developing the next-generation MIUI custom ROM as the rollout of the MIUI 9 to the eligible devices is almost over. Last week, there was an opinion poll that was open by Xiaomi on its official MIUI forum to let users vote their choice - MIUI 10 or MIUI X and the former received the majority of the votes.
Now, an Android Headlines report has revealed that over 40 devices including both smartphones and tablets from the company will receive the MIUI 10 update this year. It is said that the company will not release the update for its smartphones those was launched back in 2012. Eventually, the MIUI 9 Global Stable ROM will be the final update that these devices will receive.
Having said that, it is clear that Xiaomi will rollout the MIUI 10 update to the devices those were launched in 2013 and later. Notably, Xiaomi MIUI 10 might not be based on Android 8.0 Oreo for all the devices.
Eligible devices to get MIUI 10
Going by the speculations, the smartphones and tablets those will receive the MIUI 10 update are the ones those were launched in 2013 or later. The list might include the Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 5, Mi 6, Mi 4s, Mi 4C, Mi 5s, Mi 5s Plus, Mi 5X, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Note 2, Mi Note 3, Mi Max, Mi Max 2, Redmi Note 3/Pro, Redmi Note 4/4X, Redmi 5A, Redmi 5/ 5 Plus, Redmi Y1, Y1 Lite, Redmi 4/4X/4A, Redmi 3/3S/3S Prime, Redmi Pro, Redmi 3X, Mi Pad, Mi Pad 2 and Mi Pad 3.
These devices won’t get the MIUI 10
As mentioned above, the dated devices such as Mi 2, Mi 2s, Mi 4i, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime and Mi Note will not receive the MIUI 10 update. So, the current rollout of the MIUI 9 Global ROM is the last one these will get.
Android 8.0 Oreo will not be for all devices
Going by the update pattern of Xiaomi, the MIUI 10 might not be based on Android 8.0 Oreo update for all the devices. For instance, the older models will get MIUI 10 based on the previous iterations of Android. This is evident as the Redmi Note 3 received the MIUI 9 Stable Update that is based on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and not Nougat as the recently launched devices.