TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJPs Unofficial Ally TRS Swing Muslim Votes In their Favour — Here's How!
- Neymar Helps PSG Secure Group C Top Spot
- Force Gurkha Xtreme Launched In India
- Now Send Voice Messages On Instagram — Here Is How It Works!
- RBI Board Meeting On 14 December — No Changes On Urjit's Abrupt Exit
- Suhana's Bollywood Debut — Here Is What SRK Has To Say
- Sunny Leone's Stunning Black & White Gown For The ITA Awards
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
Google has still not announced the Android 5.0 Jellybean operating system officially. It is expected that the JellyBean version of the Google's OS will be launched in June. If this is to be believed, then the Windows 8 that will release in October will have a tough competition.
Wall Street Journal has stated that devices based on the new Android OS will be available by the end of 2012. However, Google has not commented on this report. Earlier, we have seen that the Samsung Galaxy Nexus might be the first one to get the Jellybean OS. As of now, the latest version of Android is ICS. Still ICS itself is not rolled out to many devices. Only a handful of them have the ICS operating system.
It is expected that Google will announce the JellyBean operating system during the I/O developer conference that will be held in June. The features of this platform are not known but it might have better enterprise security related features, voice assistant feature like Siri in iPhone 4S and Chrome browser integration.
Google usually names the versions of Android OS based on desserts. If you have observed the names, you will know that it follows the alphabetical order. The first two versions of Android were not made public and they are Apple Pie and Banana Bread. The others are Cupcake, Donut, Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich. The upcoming versions are expected to be named Jellybean and Key Lime Pie. Read our article on the different versions of Android OS to know more details.