TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 3 Terrorists, Including Jaish Commander, Killed In Pulwama Encounter
- Tesla Dog Mode — Working Explained In Video
- FA Cup — Manchester United Knocks Out Chelsea
- Airtel Reintroduces Two Prepaid Recharge Plans For Its Subscribers
- How To Check If Your PAN Is Linked To Aadhaar
- Kamalpur — The Long-Lost Love Affair Of North-East India
- Tiger Shroff On Dating Disha Patani — Koffee With Karan 6
- Four Signs That You Have Been To Heaven
Microsoft Corp is planning to make its own smartphone to start the sales of the recently announced Windows Phone 8 software. This talk is unconfirmed by Microsoft and it comes a day after the announcement of the Windows Phone 8 operating system. Earlier, this week, the software giant unveiled its own branded tablet, the Surface tablets.
An analyst, Rick Sherfund wrote that the industry sources claim that Microsoft combined with a contract manufacturer have been planning to develop their own handset for the WP8. But, it is not clear if this is a reference platform or if its a go to the market Microsoft branded smartphone.
Interestingly. Microsoft has neither confirmed or denied this speculation. The WP8 is the latest version of the mobile operating system of Microsoft. It is set to launch in autumn along with its PC version. So far, Microsoft struggled to mark its position in the market that is dominated by the Apple iOS and Google Android platforms.
As Microsoft announced its own tablet thereby entering the hardware field, we can expect it to launch its own smartphone as well. Already, HTC's Windows Phone 8 roadmap has got leaked revealing three handsets. But, if Microsoft starts bringing phones, it will be causing trouble to Nokia that pushes a lot of devices based on the platform. Also, the company will fall in competition with Samsung, HTC and Huawei as they are planning to launch smartphones based on the WP8 platform later this year.
What do you think? Will Microsoft come up with its own smartphone? Do share your opinion with us through comments.