TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Whenever Apple announces a new product, the company will obtain a domain name resembling the name of the product. Previously, Apple was proactive in getting the domains like iPhone.com. However, the brand faced a tough time in getting the iPhone4S.com domain name as it was related to a pornographic site.
In 2012, Apple is bringing the iPhone 5, its sixth generation smartphone. The corresponding domain name, iPhone5.com already exists and it used by the fans of Apple as a forum site. At the beginning of this month, Apple filed a case with WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization) as it could be the name of the upcoming iPhone.
Apple has won the case and has secured the iPhone5.com domain name. Following the complaint, WIPO has terminated the website with that domain name. But this not does not give any clue to the name of the flagship smartphone of the company. Apple may not use the domain though it has gained access to it.
The company aimed at gaining the name in order to prevent fans from entering pornographic or malicious websites by typing the name of its products in the browser. It might have secured the domain to prevent the users from logging in to different sites by typing the product name.
As per the rumors, the iPhone 5 or the new iPhone will be launched in September 2012. Apple is hosting the WWDC event in June and may be it will surprise the consumers by announcing the handset at the event.