TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP-Cong Spar Over EVMs Again: This Time There Is An International Conspiracy To It
- ICC Awards 2018 Winners' List: Virat Kohli Sweeps Awards; Makes History
- New Upcoming Maruti Cars In India — 12 New Models In Next Two Years
- Reliance Jio To Foray Into E-Commerce Business In India
- 7 Best Monthly Income Plans To Consider For 2019
- Kangana on #MeToo: I Was Pinched On My B*tt In The Middle Of A Group
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Health Benefits Of L-arginine
Hewlett Packard (HP) has finally realized the need to focus on the tablet portfolio. HP does have a tablet called ElitePad G1 which falls in a premium price category and a few more but it has not been able to make up to the popular highlights so far.
However, the recent reports that have appeared online suggests that the company has been prepping themselves to launch an array of tablets in the coming two months viz. September and October. These tablets are reportedly said to come at the base price of Rs. 20,000 and will range up to Rs 60,000. This might have a deep impact on the manufacturers like Asus, Lenovo, Samsung and Apple as well. Since the month of September and October in India is quite filled with festivals, HP surely is planning to plunge into the market a the best time of the year.
Sadly, as of now, there is no information regarding the specs of the upcoming tablets from HP. However, Rajiv Srivastava, vice president and general manager of the personal systems group for HP India reportedly said that for the next one and a half to two years, tablets are expected to witness a very fast growth. He further added, "At the same time, the PC/notebook sales are shrinking... While tablets may be cannibalising some sales, they are complementing PC usage."
Moreover, HP has recovered a lot in Indian market as it was reported back in June about the company regaining 34.1% market share. Now it seems HP will finally make its mark felt in the tablet arena while smartphone remains another uncharted area.