TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Kerala: PM Modi Inaugurates Kollam Bypass; Assures 100 Percent Rural Connectivity
- India vs Australia 2nd ODI; As It Happened — Kohli, Dhoni Power India To 6-Wicket Win
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 — Exterior And Interiors Revealed In Official Video
- Xiaomi Redmi 7 Teased To Be Priced Around Rs. 8,500
- Interim Budget 2019 May Increase Income Tax Exemption Limit To Rs. 5 Lakh
- Every Place You Need To Visit If You Are A First-timer In Una
- Kangana Takes A Jibe At Bollywood Again!
- Lisa Ray's Nature-Inspired Dress Makes For An Ideal Evening Party Wear
Reliance Jio, the country's LTE-only network has a grand beginning in the country with its 'Welcome Offer'. However, the major flaw with the network is that the voice calls barely connect, which means that, a user needs to try at least five times to get a call connected.
Apart from this issue, Jio is also facing another problem in the form of slow internet speed, which is annoying several customers to leave the network. Now, there are rumours saying that the Reliance Jio has approached Competition Commission of India to apparently lodge a complaint against Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India, and Idea Cellular.
Read the article to know more about what the actual issue is.
Jio Claims Abuse of Dominance and Cartelisation
The issue Jio feels is that the old networks such as Bharti Airtel, Vodafone India, and Idea Cellular are showing dominance against them by not providing sufficient interconnects.
Incumbent Networks Reportedly Denying Interconnects
This is not a new issue. Last month, a TRAI's letter stated that rivals such as Airtel, Vodafone, Idea, Aircel, and others have denied COAI's notice to provide interconnects to Jio.
Idea Cellular is Not Accepting this!
Himanshu Kapania, Idea Cellular's Chief Executive Officer, said as follows "Idea will never be involved in any form of cartelization. The group has the highest standards of compliance. The mobile industry is hyper-competitive with 8-9 operators active per circle. Idea is ranked third with just 18-19 percent market share, so has limited market power,"
Fight for Interconnects
Ever since its official announcement; Jio is fighting for interconnects with the India's major telecom operators- Airtel, Vodafone, and Idea asking to provide sufficient interconnects. However, in recent times, the call drops have reduced from 75 percent to 27 percent.
Jio is a Back Door Operator (BDO)
Last month; Reliance Jio has skipped a meeting organised by COAI, and the committee has rated the network as back door operator.