- 21 min ago OnePlus 11 Official Renders Leaked: Can It Beat Other Flagship Smartphones?
- 49 min ago Elon Musk Fears Assassination Attempts: Are “Twitter Files” Or Free Speech The Reason?
- 17 hrs ago Sony SRS-XV900 X-Balanced Party Speaker With 25 Hour Backup Launched In India
- 18 hrs ago Google To Roll Out Android 13 For Smart TVs With Multiple Features For Large Screens
- Sports India: BCCI official confirms change in T20 setup, is that the end of Rahul Dravid?
- Finance 5-Star Rated SIP Mutual Funds To Consider For Investment In 2023
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Sumbul Touqeer Nominates Shalin Bhanot For Elimination; Latter Says ‘Miss The Friend That I Had’
- Education Scholarships opens to get admission in US, Canada, Australia, Italy, Norway
- News Experts question delay in DNA report in Shraddha murder case
- Automobiles Switzerland To Ban EVs – Here’s Why
- Travel Ever Seen an Entire Flight Booked for A Wedding? Here it is!
- Lifestyle Why Is Lord Rama Known As Maryada Purushottam? 16 Reasons
Micron Begins DDR5 DIMMs Sampling For High-Performance Computing And AI Applications
Micron the memory manufacturing company has officially confirmed that it has begun sampling DDR5 Registered DIMMs using 1znm process technology. DDR5 is the most advanced DRAM till date and the company claims that a DDR5 RAM compared to a DDR4 RAM will increase memory performance by 85 percent.
Compared to the last generation RDIMM, DDR5 doubles memory density and also consumes less power. In theory, a DDR5 RAM should be able to 1.85 times more performance compared to DDR4 RAM. Similarly, the company also claims that it increases reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS).
In the earlier phase, the DDR5 RAM will be used in server workloads. Similarly, in the next few years, this technology will be made available for computers, laptops, and smartphones as well. Using this technology, brands can make single RAM DIMMs with up to 64GB, which was limited to 16GB on DDR4 technology.
"Datacenter workloads will be increasingly challenged to extract value from the accelerating growth of data across virtually all applications. The key to enabling these workloads is higher-performance, denser, higher-quality memory. Micron's sampling of DDR5 RDIMMs represents a significant milestone, bringing the industry one step closer to unlocking the value in next-generation data-centric applications", says Tom Eby, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Compute & Networking Business Unit at Micron
Comparison Between DDR4 And DDR5 RAM Technology
|Data rates||1600-3200 MT/s||3200-6400 MT/s|
|Internal VREF||VREFDQ||VREFDQ, VREFCA, VREFCS|
|DQ receiver equalization||CTLE||DFE|
|On-die ECC||None||128b+8b SEC, error check and scrub|
|Bank groups (BG)/banks||4 BG x 4 banks (x4/x8)|
2 BG x 4 banks (x16)
|8 BG x 2 banks (8Gb x4/x8)|
4 BG x 2 banks (8Gb x16)
8 BG x 4 banks (16-64Gb x4/x8)
4 BG x 4 banks (16-64Gb x16)
|Command/address interface||ODT, CKE, ACT, RAS,|
CAS, WE, A
|Burst length||BL8 (and BL4)||BL16, BL32|
(and BC8 OTF, BL32 OTF)
|Mode registers||7 x 17 bits||Up to 256 x 8 bits|
(LPDDR type read/write)