- 6 hrs ago Samsung Week Festival Sale: Discount Offers On Premium Samsung Smartphones
- 7 hrs ago Huawei Watch Fit Mini Goes Official For Rs. 8,600; What Makes It Different From Watch Fit?
- 7 hrs ago Moto G200 Features & Launch Timeline Revealed; SD888 SoC, 108MP Triple Cameras Tipped
- 10 hrs ago Huawei FreeBuds 4i TWS Earbuds With 10 Hours Battery, ANC Goes Official In India; Price, Sale & Offers
- Movies Katrina Kaif To Wear This Designer's Lehenga On Her Wedding? Reports
- Sports T20 World Cup: Haris Rauf's 4/22 sets up Pakistan's five-wicket win over NZ
- News He can get me shot, can’t do anything else: Nitish on Lalu’s ‘visarjan’ claim
- Education JKBOSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021: Check JKBOSE Class 12 Board Exam Date Sheet For WZ Jammu And Kashmir Division
- Automobiles Here Is An Interesting Comparison: MG Hector Vs Mahindra XUV700
- Finance Axis Bank Record Q2FY22 Profit Of Rs. 3133 Cr.
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle 11 Possible Reasons Why You Crave Spicy Foods
How To Check If Your Smartphone Is Affected By Virus
In the internet era that we live in, all our gadgets are susceptible to be affected by viruses. There are cynical codes that make use of malicious software to access the sensitive information stored on computers and smartphones and make money out of the same. They sell these details on the dark web and generate revenue.
Like computers, smartphones are also susceptible to these viruses. Usually, the malicious software comes in the form of apps, ads and more. Hackers lock devices and encrypt personal information using ransomware.
Usually, it is believed that Android devices are susceptible to these viruses and malware but a recent report by Pensar notes that this is a misconception as there is a surge in the threats to iPhones. Eventually, it becomes essential to know if a phone has been affected by virus. While there is no simple way to find out if your phone is affected, one way to know is that malware performs repetitive tasks that consume a lot of resources and this can be an indication.
How To Find If There's Malware
If you want to find out if your smartphone is infected by malware, then here are some indications that will give you a hint.
- There will be heavy use of data as the virus will run a lot of background tasks and apps. Also, it will communicate with the internet frequently.
- The battery will drain faster as the malicious apps and software will be power-hungry.
- Malicious and suspicious ads will pop up as a sign of virus or malware. Usually, several sites will have pop-up ads but too many ads are not a good sign for your device.
- There will be a weird appearance of new apps on the home screen of your phone. These new apps might contain malware.
- Your phone might deliver a slower performance than usual.
How To Fix Your Virus-Infected Phone
If your smartphone is infected by virus, then you can follow the below steps to fix your phone.
Step 1: Check for the recently installed apps and delete the ones that have a low number of downloads and bad reviews.
Step 2: Clear your browser cache from your phone's settings.
Step 3: Install genuine anti-virus software that scans for malicious apps and software on a timely basis.
Step 4: If none of these work, then perform a factory reset to help fix the battery drain and improve performance. Before a factory reset, make sure you backup your important files from the device.