TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Convert Your Android Phone Into A Webcam For Your PC
- Navlakha Temple – The Beauty Narrating The History Of Gujarat
- On An Outing With Your Sister? Take Some Fashion Goals From Janhvi And Khushi Kapoor
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s Ex-BF Rahul Raj Singh: Mushtaq Shiekh Asked Me To Sleep With Him! #MeToo
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs West Indies: BCCI Announces 12 For First ODI; Rishabh Pant To Make Debut
- Few Must Do's And Dont's To Avoid Being Prey To Debit Or Credit Card Loss
The latest trend in the world of smartphones is high screen-to-body ratio close to 100%. Initially, Xiaomi kicked off this trend with the launch of the Mi Mix in late 2016. Now, almost all the smartphone brands in the market are coming up with such devices with narrow bezels and a large screen real estate. After the announcement of the Lenovo S5, the company appears to be working on another such smartphone.
We say so as Chang Cheng, the vice president of Lenovo Group has teased an upcoming smartphone with a full-screen design. The teaser image was spotted on the official Weibo account of the company via Android Pure. On translating the Chinese text, it is believed that the device in question will have over 95% screen-to-body ratio and negligible bezels at its sides and top.
The teaser post comes with a kind of a poll message. The report claims that it translates showing different screen-to-body ratio options. It also suggests that there can be problems associated with implementing 95% ratio as it needs to break through the screen/screen and front/antenna air intake.
Teases Xiaomi phones
From the report, we can make out that this post from Lenovo teases the Xiaomi smartphones with the full-screen design. It appears to tease that the company has failed to achieve better screen-to-body ratio. However, it notes that the claim is not accurate as it was a machine-based translation.
June 14 launch possible
While nothing much is tipped by the teaser, it does show a portion of the display though not the full front panel. What's more interesting is that it reveals that the possible launch date of this mysterious smartphone could be June 14. Apart from these aspects, we do not have any clue regarding its name or specifications.
For those who are not aware, the Lenovo S5 was meant to be a rival to the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. Likewise, this upcoming full-screen smartphone could be a tough challenger to the Mi 6X or Mi Mix 2S. In that case, we can expect it to have flagship level specifications as these devices. We need to wait for more information regarding this device to hit the web.