TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
HMD Global announced a slew of Nokia branded phones including Nokia 8110 4G feature phone, Nokia 1, new Nokia 6, Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco at the MWC 2018 in Barcelona late in February. After the silent launch of the Nokia 1 smartphone in India last week, the company sent out media invites for a launch event to be held in the country on April 4.
While we are nearing the Nokia launch event, the official Nokia India website has listed the rest of the models including Nokia 8110, new Nokia 6, Nokia 7 Plus and Nokia 8 Sirocco. For now, there is no word regarding the Indian pricing of these smartphones. We will get to know further information at the launch event to happen tomorrow in New Delhi.
One of the recent reports hinted that the Nokia 8110 might not be launched in India on April 4 but the listing on the website might prove this report false. However, we do not expect all these devices to be released in the market simultaneously. Also, we cannot expect the Nokia 8 Sirocco to be released immediately as it is the flagship device.
As the new Nokia 6 aka Nokia 6 (2018) announced earlier this year in China and then at the MWC 2018 is also expected to be launched in the country tomorrow, the original Nokia 6 received a price cut taking it down to Rs. 12,999. And, this is claimed to be a limited period price cut. This price cut makes us believe that the Nokia 6 (2018) could hit the retail shelves in the country without any delay. To recall, we have already come across a report suggesting that the Nokia phones will be available for purchase from April onwards.
From the specifications of these new batch of Nokia phones, there are speculations that the Nokia 7 Plus could rival the Moto X4. The Nokia 8110 is a 4G feature phone with support for VoLTE and a slide-out design. This device could be a major competitor to the Reliance JioPhone and other 4G VoLTE feature phones available in the country right now.