TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Inside Story Of How Siddaramaiah Led The Operation Against Operation Lotus
- Flipkart Republic Day Sale Starts From January 20: Deals And Offers
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- 10 Interesting Facts Of The Indian Budget
- Kohli Wants To See India As A Superpower In Test Cricket
- Six Important Things That Make You Lucky And Happy
- Visit Yanam — The French Counterpart Of The Southern Peninsula
- This Is The Craziest Thing Ranveer Has Done For Deepika
After launching the first 3GB RAM featuring Galaxy Note 3 smartphone, Samsung has now been preparing themselves to launch a new smartphone in 2014 which will be accompanied by a 4GB RAM. This is way beyond imagination, in terms of smartphone RAM. This is the first 8-gigabit LPDDR4 memory specifically designed for mobile devices.
Talking about the 4GB RAM module, it is highly expected to feature in the company's most rumored smartphone Galaxy S5. However, if the same module fails to come with Galaxy S5 smartphone, than probably, the Galaxy F (a rumored premium variant of Galaxy S5) would probably feature it. Also the Galaxy Note 4 could be powered by this incredible RAM.
According to the press release, the company says that "With the new chip, it will focus on the premium mobile market including large-screened UHD smartphones, tablets and ultra-slim notebooks that offer four times the resolution of Full HD."
According to other reports, users can expect a low energy consumption about 4 GB of RAM module. The first 8-gigabit Low Power Double Data Rate 4 (LPDDR4) chip is specifically built with 20-nanometer manufacturing process, has 1 GB of memory on a single die, and it is the highest density available for such components.
With this development, not only Samsung points to a greater power with a performance increase of 50% compared to the LPDDR3 memories, but also 40% a lower energy consumption.
The LPDDR4 chip provide a transfer rate of 3200 megabits per second per pin, and it's double of the LPDDR3 currently on the market.