TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Connected TVs are predicted to become standard and will attract majority of people in 2015, says a new report. 80% of the units that are shipped by 2014 will be the smart devices when compared to27% of 2011.
Futuresource Consulting has made the report that states that Japan is already set to adopt the connected TVs with about 59% of the people ordering the smart devices in 2011. This has penetrated to about 29% in U.S. and China. Europe is behind with about 24% of the sales of TVs that are with internet connection.
As the consumers demand for the connected televisions, the manufacturers are making IP connectivity as a standard feature in about 60% to 80% of their products. Moving ahead, the embedded Wi-Fi is said to drive the adoption and many of the premium models are featuring this to the consumers.
Netflix launched the web service for the consumers allowing them to connect to the web to access the content through their TV. 2012 is hoped to be year in which the interconnected TVs take off sharply.
The market if connected television will surely be shaken this year as the consumers are offered with a variety of next generation TVs. The technology in getting highly sophisticated as the consumer demands are pushing them to be more interactive.
Previously the connected TV concept was overlooked as the viewers didn't have any idea on how to connect them and also to enjoy the wonderful experience. Now, 2012 will be the tipping point for sure and the viewers realize the opportunity they have to explore as well as discover the new applications and the services that are offered.