TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Even before it's release, the iPad 3 has found itself in the centre of various social networking scams. This shocking fact was revealed by a recent online study. Scamsters are taking full advantage of the iPad 3 hype & are creating fake campaigns as well.
One such campaign says that if you participate in a particular technology survey, then you are in with a chance to win the iPad 3. This is surely misleading as many people have fallen prey & have parted with their personal data. This is all a scam. When users reveal confidential info, this is taken by hackers who in turn misuse these details. These data are also sometimes sold to external agencies in return for money.
Online security experts say that this is a common trend & was observed before the iPad 2 launch as well. They also warn people to stay away from unscrupulous elements who promise “Unrealistic Gifts & Prizes”. People also need to be aware of messages/e-mails which ask them for private data. In most cases, these details land up in the hands of advertisers who later pester you with marketing/promotional calls/messages/e-mails.
Thus, one warning message that we would like to give our readers is “Be Careful”.
Do reply with your opinion in our comment section below.