TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
The London 2012 Men's Rings Artistic Gymnastics Google doodle depicts a mustachioed gymnast in action. The two 'O's in the official Google logo are formed by the rings held by the gymnast. The Artistic Gymnastics Men's Rings doodle is the fourth doodle of the London Olympics.
Men's Rings is a kind of artistic gymnastics. Artistic Gymnastics is well known for three disciplines such as rhythmic, trampoline and artistic. Rings gymnastic is exclusive for men and involves a couple of rings each with a diameter of 18 cm. The rings will be suspended 2.8 m from the ground. Rings final will be held on 6th August.
Men's Rings of London Olympics will be held in four phases such as qualification, team final, individual all-around final and apparatus finals. This time, there are no Indian participants for the gymnastics events.
Previously, Google has posted gymnastics doodles during Sydney 2000 Olympics, Athens 2004 Olympics and Beijing 2008 Olympics. Of these, only the Sydney gymnastics doodle showed the gymnastics rings.
As of now, Google has posted doodles for the opening ceremony of London 2012 Olympics, Archery events, diving events and fencing events. We can expect the search engine giant to post doodles for everyday of the modern Olympic Games. This tradition was followed by Google in 2008.