- News After exit poll predictions, Roshan Baig appeals Muslims to 'join hands' with BJP if need arises
- Movies Raghava Lawrence UPSET With Akshay Kumar After His Bitter Fallout With Laxmmi Bomb Makers?
- Automobiles Renault Reveals Official Teaser Video For The Triber — More Passion For Life Coming July 2019
- Lifestyle Sonam Dazzled In A Plush Attire At Cannes 2019, But Was It Too Maximalist For A Dinner Party?
- Sports 'Rush', a film inspired by Niki Lauda-James Hunt rivalry
- Finance Bitcoin Rally Continues After A Short Drag; Breaches $8000 Mark
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Reliance Jio to acquire specified wireless assets of RCom
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited has announced the signing of a definitive agreement for the acquisition of specified assets of Reliance Communications Limited.
Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Jio will acquire mobile business assets including spectrum, mobile towers and optical fiber network of Reliance Communications-- owned by his younger brother Anil Ambani.
"Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, today announced the signing of a definitive agreement for the acquisition of specified assets of Reliance Communications Limited and its affiliates," Reliance Jio said in a statement. The deal is slated to bring relief to RCom, which is reeling under debt of around Rs 45,000 crore.
Reliance Jio or its nominees will acquire assets under four categories - Towers, Optic Fiber Cable Network ("OFC"), Spectrum and Media Convergence Nodes ("MCN") from RCOM and its affiliates.
"These assets are strategic in nature and are expected to contribute significantly to the large-scale roll-out of wireless and Fiber-to-Home and Enterprise services by RJIL," the statement said. Reliance Jio will acquire all the assets without any previous liabilities attached to them.
"The acquisition is subject to receipt of requisite approvals from governmental and regulatory authorities, consents from all lenders, release of all encumbrances on the said assets and other conditions precedent. The consideration is payable at completion and is subject to adjustments as specified in the agreement," the statement said.
Reliance Jio's process of acquiring assets of RCom is supervised by an independent group of distinguished industry experts and it emerged as the successful bidder in the two-stage bidding process. "An asset monetization process for RCOM assets was mandated by the lenders of RCOM, who appointed SBI Capital Markets Limited to run the process," the statement read.
The parties are bound by confidentiality obligations and will make further disclosures at the appropriate time.
RJIL is being advised by Goldman Sachs, Citigroup Global Markets, JM Financial Private Limited, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, Khaitan & Co and Ernst & Young on this transaction, the statement said.
Inputs from IANS