- 1 hr ago Redmi K20 Pro Vs OnePlus 6T: Which Is The Best Smartphone Under Rs. 30,000 In India?
- 2 hrs ago OnePlus 7 Vs OnePlus 7 Pro – Which One Should You Buy?
- 11 hrs ago Airtel Upgrades 4G Network In J&K: Here Are The Details
- 15 hrs ago VingaJoy Maxo Bass Wireless Neckband – Foldable Design For Rs. 1,599
- Sports Jos Buttler ready to answer England World Cup captain call
- News Bihar: After acute Encephalitis Syndrome, heat wave kills 12 in Gaya
- Movies WHAT? Radhika Pandit Involving In Politics Because Of Yash? Fans Welcome The News!
- Lifestyle Bronchiectasis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Finance 90,000 Affordable Homes In Navi Mumbai To Be Made Available Under PMAY
- Automobiles Five And Seven Seater Mercedes GLB Revealed — They ‘Handle’ Family And Friends!
- Education How An Effective Revision Assist You To Fly High In The Competitive Exams
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
FIFA 19 sales saw a down fall because of FIFA 18, says EA sports
EA in its earning calls says that the sale of FIFA 19 shortfall because of FIFA 18. All you need to know about the games.
FIFA 19 has received a lot of love from the gamers society on consoles like PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo switch. The game is recorded as the best selling game during 2018 for EA in Europe. But it seems that the game is still lacking in terms of selling as per the company's estimates. It has been reported that the reason for the shortfall of FIFA 19 may be is FIFA 18. EA acknowledged in its quarterly earnings calls and accepted that converting the FIFA 18 buyers to FIFA 19 has become tougher than what they anticipation. The reason is very clear, the prices of FIFA 19 is higher than the 2018 and the existence of free-to-play options.
"Our plans for FIFA 18 were aggressive in a World Cup year, and we ended up selling an additional 2.4 million units of FIFA 18 throughout the year with the intention of converting those plays to FIFA 19 when it launched," said Andrew Wilson, EA's CEO during the company's earnings call. "The conversion has been slower than planned, leading to unit sales that were effectively flat year-over-year."
EA CFO Blake Jorgensen added, "Life to date, FIFA 19 full game unit sales are roughly flat to FIFA 18 and slightly below our expectations," he said. "We believe the underperformance was driven by the intense competition throughout the year. It is possible that the success of World Cup promotions pulled FIFA 19 sales into FIFA 18, given that during Calendar 2018, we sold more copies of FIFA than ever before. The fiscal year-to-date sales of FIFA 19 are approximately 20 million units, and we've sold over three million units of FIFA 18 this fiscal year too. And as Andrew said, FIFA 19 was the best-selling console game in Europe in the Calendar 2018."
Let's see with what strategy EA will come up to increase the selling of FIFA 19 this year. There is a possibility that it will start giving a discount on the game and promote it in a better way.