- 6 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy M11, Galaxy A11, Galaxy M31 Get Wi-Fi Certification
- 8 hrs ago Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 Hands-On: 14” Portable Gaming Laptop With AMD’s Latest Ryzen 4000 Series CPU
- 8 hrs ago Vodafone Offering 270GB Data With Its Rs. 997 Prepaid Plan
- 8 hrs ago Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite Vs Galaxy S10 Lite: Battle Of Value Flagships
- News Democrats to make case against Trump at Senate impeachment trial
- Movies Troll Asks Shah Rukh Khan To Respond To His Failures, ‘Bas Aap Dua Mein Yaad Rakhna’ Is His Reply!
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Lifestyle Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
How to Update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Stock Firmware
Recently it was reported that Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is in testing phase for the Samsung Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge.
Consequently, the South Korean tech giant has released the final Android Lollipop update for Galaxy S6 Edge with build number UVU2COF6.
Currently the update is available for the T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge G925T which comes with massive changes in the software including better exposure control in camera app, refreshed design, performance boost and much more.
Just like other official updates, this update also will be available through Samsung Kies and is currently being pushed on the OTA. However, if you haven't received the over the air update, then you can use GizBot's tutorial to manually install the update to your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Stock Firmware UVU2COF6 Details:
Device Model: SM-G925T
Country: U.S (T-Mobile)
Version: Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop)
Build Date: 11 June 2015
PLEASE NOTE: If you are used to installing updates or flash the device using ODIN on Samsung Galaxy devices, then this will not be any different for you. For beginners, read every single point and steps carefully before performing the installation on your handset.
Points To Remember
1. Backup all the important data, additional files and settings of the Nexus device.
2. Make sure that your Galaxy S6 Edge has at-least 80 percent or above battery charge to avoid power off during the installation process.
3. This tutorial is only for installing the official Android Lollipop firmware released for T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Edge G925T. Installing this firmware on any other model could brick the device.
4. Ensure USB drivers of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge have been installed on the PC.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is highly technical. If the smartphone brick or damaged during the installation process, GizBot cannot be held responsible for any kind of damage for the smartphone. Hence, the user has to perform the installation on their own risk.]
Complete Step-By-Step Installation Instructions
Step 1: Download Android 5.1.1 Stock Firmware for Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2: Download ODIN v3.09 application for computer.
Step 3: Switch off the smartphone and enter Download Mode. To turn on Download Mode: press and hold the Volume Down + Home button + Power button together and follow on-screen instruction.
Step 4: Open ODIN on your computer and connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer while it is in Download Mode.
Step 5: If the smartphone is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes in the ODIN application will turn yellow with connected COM port number. This might take some time to complete.
Step 6: Now select the files that you have to flash/install on your smartphone. These files are to be found from the extracted files which you downloaded in the Step 1.
Click on 'PDA' / ‘AP' and select file with 'PDA' / ‘AP' in its name.
Click on ‘CP' and select file with ‘MODEM' in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
Click on ‘CSC' and select file with CSC' in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
Click on ‘PIT' and select the '.pit' file. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
Click on ‘BL' and select file with ‘BL' in it's name. Ignore if there is no such file.
Step 8: Ensure the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are checked. For Re-Partition option check it only if you selected a '.pit' file in the above step.
Step 9: Now click on the Start button in ODIN. Installation process will start and would take a few minutes to complete.
Step 10: After the installation completes, your smartphone will automatically restart. Once the smartphone starts perfectly without errors, unplug your phone from the computer.
That's it, now your Galaxy S6 Edge is running on the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system. To verify, go to device Settings >> About Phone and verify the details.
Source: Team Android