- 3 hrs ago Everything you should know about Reliance Jio's VoWi-Fi plans
- 6 hrs ago Select Nokia smartphones get up to Rs. 6,000 discount but just for a day
- 10 hrs ago Honor 20 series to be available on Flipkart: Here are the details
- 11 hrs ago Oppo A9x goes official with 48MP primary rear camera and dewdrop notch display
- News 'No cause for concern as exit polls only Nautanki': Sharad Pawar slams predictions
- Lifestyle Former Miss Worlds, Aishwarya & Priyanka Made A Strong Case For Dreamy White Gowns At Cannes 2019
- Movies Vivek Oberoi Says Aishwarya Rai & Salman Khan Have NO OBJECTIONS To His Tweet; INSULTS Sonam Kapoor
- Sports Teams will probably be most fearful of Australia, says Steve Waugh
- Automobiles Flash Electronics Files Suit Against Royal Enfield — Are The Good Times Over?
- Education Goa Board SSC Result 2019 Will Be Declared Tomorrow At 11 AM
- Finance How To Choose Between Fixed And Floating Interest Rate On Home Loan?
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
Samsung appoints Taiwanese company to make Galaxy S9's fingerprint scanner
Samsung has chosen a Taiwanese manufacturer to make the fingerprint scanners that will be employed on the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, and most probably on the Galaxy Note 9 as well.
Earlier this year, we came across many reports claiming that Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will feature an under-screen fingerprint scanner. Naturally, fans were quite disappointed when the smartphones came with fingerprint scanners on their back.
The same rumors started brewing ahead of the launch of iPhone X. However, Apple decided to ditch the fingerprint scanner altogether in favor of the edge-to-edge screen and the 3D Face ID. Then came the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with the same rear-mounted fingerprint scanner. Well, in case of Samsung, the Galaxy S8/S8 Plus and Note 8 users were not happy with the awkward placement of the fingerprint scanner.
Well, the South Korean tech giant has apparently taken some action after listening to the complaints. As reported by the publication ETNews, Samsung has chosen a Taiwanese manufacturer to make the fingerprint scanners that will be employed on the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, and most probably on the Galaxy Note 9 as well.
At this moment, there is hardly any information available on this mysterious company. The report mentions that the final contract between the companies is yet to be signed, but it is expected to be adopted unless there is a major upsurge going forward.
If the final contract gets signed, the Samsung Galaxy S9 duo is expected to feature a fingerprint scanner with a new design, placement and new capabilities.
Besides this, Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus are also said to come with a rear dual camera system. There were rumors of the company ditching the fingerprint sensor on its upcoming flagships. However, the new report has poured cold water on those rumors.
Sources familiar with the matter said Samsung could also adopt 3D sensing cameras for the Galaxy S9 duo, but it will keep the fingerprint scanners. Reportedly, the company doesn't think facial recognition will be capable of handling certain tasks like payments as it is still not secure enough to prevent unauthorized access.