TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
Update: The 2G model of the Qin Ai Phone will be called as Qin1 and the model with 4G LTE and VoLTE capability with 512 MB storage will be called as the Qin1s.
Xiaomi has launched yet another phone, this time a feature phone which is packed with features, which are not easily seen on the entry-level feature phones. Going by the features, the Qin Ai Phone is the most affordable phone from Xiaomi to support real-time translation and to support 4G LTE and VoLTE capabilities.
Availability and pricing
- 4G LTE and VoLTE Support
- Based on Android OS (Mocor 5 OS)
- Ai features with real-time translation to 17 languages (which can tell stories to children and can also answer questions)
- No camera design, good for privacy-conscious people
- Universal infrared remote control
- 1480 mAh battery with USB type C port for charging and data syncing
Qin Ai specs-sheet
The Qin Ai Phone has a 2.8-inch color display with 320 x 240px resolution. The phone is powered by an ARM Cortex Quad-core chipset with 1.3 GHz clock speed coupled with 256 MB RAM and 512 MB onboard storage. The smartphone has a physical T4 keypad and does not support touch input just like the JioPhone.
The phone also has a hybrid SIM card slot, which can accept either two nano SIM cards or a SIM and a micro SD card. The phone has a dedicated 3.5 mm headphone jack with AC3 1511 Box Speakers.
Also, note that there is a miniature version of the same device with just 2G network support which comes with MediaTek MT6260A ARM Cortex A7 chipset paired with 8 MB RAM and 16 MB internal storage.
The Qin Ai is running on Android OS based custom OS. As the phone is only available in China, the phone will not offer support for the Google Play Store. However, if the company launches the same in India, then the phone might come with Google Play Store support. However, like any Android device, the phone is likely to support external APK installation, where a user can install any app of his choice by downloading them from any third party source.
The Qin Ai is currently available under the crowdfunding programme. If these devices get enough support then Xiaomi might launch the same in India in the coming days. As the phone is running on Android OS, it can easily run apps like WhatsApp, YouTube, and Facebook with ease. At the price of Rs 2,000, the Qin Ai could be the JioPhone killer, if the device gets launched in India.