TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Mehul Choksi Moves New Application In PMLA Court, Mentions Long History Of Ailments
- IPL 2019: CSK vs RCB — Preview, Predicted XI, Where To Watch
- IPL 2019 — How To Watch Cricket Extravaganza Live In Action On Your Smartphone?
- Kawasaki Announces Price Hike On Certain Models — Revised Prices From April 2019
- First Poster Of Ajay Devgn's 'De De Pyaar De' Out!
- Should You Invest In New Retirement Mutual Funds Without 80C Tax Benefit?
- Zodiac Signs That Are Sweet Talkers
- Witnessing The Beauty Of Williamnagar, Meghalaya
Google Doodle Celebrates London 2012 Hockey on Day 6
Today, the fifth day of the London 2012 Olympics, Google has posted a doodle dedicated to hockey, the National Game of India. The doodle shows a female hockey player holding a hook shaped stick and playing on the pitch.
The Hockey doodle looks simple with all the letters in the logo near the boundary. The second 'O' and 'G' are hidden by the player. This is the sixth Google doodle posted related to the London 2012 Olympics. The hockey events will be held between July 29, 2012 to August 11, 2012.
The London 2012 Hockey doodle is the first field hockey related doodle posted by the search engine giant. Earlier, Google has posted three ice hockey doodles during Winter Olympic Games such as Salt Lake City Olympics 2002, Torino Olympic Games 2006 and Vancouver Olympic Games 2010.
There are hockey events for both men and women. The number of participants in these events are 192 men and 192 women. The matches will be played at the new Riverbank Arena in the Olympic Park. For the first time, the hockey pitch of London Olympics is blue rather than green.
Starting July 27, 2012, the Internet firm has posted six doodles indicating different disciplines like Fencing, Diving, Archery, Artistic Gymnastics and Hockey (today). It started the doodle tradition with the Opening Ceremony doodle on Friday. Google posted doodles everyday of the Olympics 2008 held in Beijing. Hence, we can expect doodles on everyday of the Games event till August 12, 2012.
More Google Doodles