TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Nirbhaya Death Anniversary — A Timeline
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test; Day 3 — Full Updates
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- How To Use TRAI DND iOS App To Block Spam Calls
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Today, the Google homepage shows a couple kissing. This is the concept of the doodle that is on the Google homepage today. This doodle is to commemorate the 150th birthday of Gustav Klimt, an Austrian symbolist painter. The doodle is the reproduction of Klimt's most famous work – The Kiss.
Some of the paintings of Gustav Klimt are amongst the most expensive in the world. 'The Kiss' is a 1907 – 08 oil and gold leaf painting done on canvas. It is believed to be the only self–portrait of Gustav.
Klimt was born on 14th July, 1862 in Vienna. His father was a goldsmith and Klimt had a liking for marble, gold and silver in his creations. He allowed others to make copies of his works and thereby increasing his imapct and reach.
Gustav Klimt is well known for erotic paintings featuring nude women. He was one among those who bought sexuality into the public sector. Once, he was forced to take down a controversial painting showing a naked pregnant woman. Klimit passed away in Vienna on 6th February 1918 due to flu pandemic.
More Google doodles