- 7 min ago Paytm Mall Diwali Festival Sale 2020: Special Discount Offers On Laptops
- 9 hrs ago Vi Launches Add-On Plans; Offering Star Talk, Games, And More Benefits
- 10 hrs ago Twitter Launches 'Topics' Feature For Indian Users: How To Find Topics On Twitter?
- 11 hrs ago TCL P615 4K UHD Smart Android TV Launched: Price Starts At Rs. 23,999
- Sports IPL 2020: Last 12 balls you don’t have to think too much, just see the ball and hit well: Jadeja
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 October 29: Eijaz Khan Becomes The New Captain, Kavita Kaushik Loses Her Cool
- News Pak minister Fawad Chaudhry makes U-turn, gives explanation after admitting role in Pulwama attack
- Lifestyle Evidence-Based Health Benefits Of Donkey Milk: Uses and Downsides
- Finance How to Open SBI Demat Account?
- Automobiles Toyota Launches First Regional Stockyard in India: Delivery Times To Reduce
- Education DTE Karnataka Diploma Result 2020: How To Check BTELINX Karnataka Diploma Results 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To visit In Odisha In November
Seven handy tips for WhatsApp desktop
Whatsapp, the universal instant-messaging app, has a desktop counterpart. While you all are familiar with Whatsapp Web, the browser-mediated version, this one is a direct desktop app. This is one is more preferable than the Web version, eliminating the need to open and scan. But there are some nifty tricks that make the desktop app even more pleasing.
The drawback of belonging to several groups is the constant deluge of messages. Whatsapp incessantly pings whenever you get a text message. To curb this, click on the three horizontal dots beside the profile picture and go to Settings. Choose Notifications, and you'll see the options that can be customized. Uncheck Sounds, silence groups, etc. To disable all alerts, uncheck Desktop Alerts.
A must-have app if you use emojis frequently. By using a colon prefix, type out the emotion or object and the app instantly displays the emojis to pick from. For example: :anger displays emojis pertaining to anger, :laugh displays the emojis related to laughter. Use arrow keys to pick and Enter to send.
Emoticons to Emojis
The pre-emoji era had emoticons such as :-), :-(, ;-), and so forth. Whatsapp desktop does support this. Type out the emoticon and once you send it, it changes to a corresponding emoji. Handy for those who enjoy the classic AOL chat.
The desktop version is built to be mouse-free, all actions can be performed using the keyboard. The Tab button comes in handy and has precise actions. The first hit goes to the search bar, second to the chat list, third to the emoji board and the final one to the text box. You never have to use the mouse. Enter lets you perform the action.
Whatsapp supports Markdown. Using these modifiers, you can format the text you're sending by changing it to bold, italics, or having a strikethrough. This option is friendlier on a desktop since the keys are highly accessible than on a smartphone. Use underscores on both ends to change it to italics, asterisks for bold, tilde for strikethrough and backticks for monospace font.
~Hi~ for strikethrough.
```Hi``` for Monospace font.
*Hi* for bold
_Hi_ for italics.
Remember to use the modifiers on both ends.
As mentioned above, Whatsapp desktop is designed to be mouse-free. The following commands will get the job done.
Control+N: Opens a new chat.
Control+Shift+N: Creates a new group.
Control+Shift+[/]: Moves between chats.
Control+E: Archives a chat.
Control+Shift+M: Mutes a chat.
Control+Shift+U: Changes the status of the chat.
Control+Backspace/Delete: Deletes a chat.
Control+P: Opens your profile
Mac users can use the Command key instead.
For Mac users only, ChatMate is a third-party app which augments the experience of Whatsapp desktop. It has a Dark Mode, which blends seamlessly with the Mojave OS. ChatMate also brings Do Not Disturb and Touch Bar support, making it a nifty app.