- 4 hrs ago Realme X7 Series RAM, Storage, And Color Options Leaked; Launch Expected For February 4
- 5 hrs ago Motorola Edge S Available For Pre-Orders Ahead Of Official Launch
- 7 hrs ago LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- 8 hrs ago Logged Out Of Facebook On iPhone? You Are Not Alone
- News Karnataka KPSC FDA Exam 2021 postponed
- Sports Neeraj says uncertainty over staging of postponed Olympics creates anxiety but hoping Games are held
- Finance FM Launches Mobile App for Union Budget 2021
- Movies Larry King Of Larry King Live Fame Passes Away At The Age Of 87
- Lifestyle 17 Herbal Remedies To Get Rid Of Hot Flashes
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
How To Add Eight Participants In WhatsApp Group Video And Voice Calls
WhatsApp has increased the participants limit in group video and voice calls. WhatsApp video and voice calls can now include up to eight participants, provided that all the participants are running the updated version of the messaging application. The new update increases the participants limit for both iOS and Android users.
The messaging service in a statement said, "WhatsApp is doubling the number of participants on a WhatsApp video or voice call from 4 to 8 people at a time. Just like written messages, all those calls are protected with end-to-end encryption".
WhatsApp also mentioned that the group calling feature is built in a way that people on lower-end devices and slow network conditions will not face any difficulties during group video/voice calls. All you need to do is to update the WhatsApp to its latest version.
Notably, the indefinite lockdown has led to a big surge in the usage of video conferencing and group voice calls apps. Business and personal use applications like Zoom, Houseparty, Microsoft Teams, Google Duo, etc. have recorded an unprecedented growth in the past one month. The messaging service also shared some insights and mentioned that people on an average are spending over 15 billion minutes talking each day on WhatsApp calls.
Follow the below mentioned steps to make a group video call with up to 8 participants
- Go to the Calls tab
- Tap New Call > New Group Call
- Find or select the contacts (up to 8) you want to add to the call
- Tap on the video call
You can also make a group video call from an individual chat by following the below steps
- Open the chat with the contact person with whom you want to make a video call
- Tap on video call
- Add members by taping on 'Add member' icon
- Select contacts you want to add as participants
Besides, you can also make a group video call from a group chat. Follow these steps.
- Go to the group you want to video call
- Tap on the group call to start the call
- Add up to eight participants in the active call
It is worth mentioning that you cannot remove a contact from a call during an ongoing group video call. The particular contact, or in case you want to leave the call, can only do so by disconnecting the active WhatsApp group call.